Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Turnover in the Trump Administration

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How people who love liberty cannot appreciate Trump is beyond me. Is he perfect? No! Perfection does not exist.

He is stopping the left from further destroying America. That's what I care about.
    I would be shocked if Trump could define liberty.
    It's getting old people attributing qualities to Trump that aren't there. Being lazy and unmotivated legislatively may produce a by-product of the left temporarily not achieving their goals but with the White House and both houses I would think that us liberty loving folks would expect more.

It's great the Mooch is gone but I don't see it as showing trumps decisiveness but rather his utter lack of ability to pick a half competent Comm's director.

His leadership style is that of the joker from the second Nolan Batman movie. "I've got a job opening" and then dropping a sharpened pool que on the floor.
    Last edited by Serpico1985; 08-01-2017 at 05:17 AM.

redundant
    Last edited by JHC; 08-01-2017 at 07:28 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm mixed. The obnoxious orange man who was sort of a joke on TV who won for not being Hillary is doing fucked up shit. Shocker. Time will tell.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

redundant
    Last edited by JHC; 08-01-2017 at 07:28 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    The only thing better than an efficient federal government is a gridlocked one due to daily Vader chokings. Net gain either way.
    Vote for Vader. He will get those construction projects completed on time and on budget!

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Vote for Vader. He will get those construction projects completed on time and on budget!
    They might be finished by whatever janitors and housekeeping staff are left, but dammit they'll get done.
    Last edited by Peally; 08-01-2017 at 08:03 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    It's getting old people attributing qualities to Trump that aren't there.
    I think there was more to it that. I think a lot of people, if not most, were tired of the DC status quo. Trump was the polar opposite of the other contenders and I can see how that could appeal to people who wanted a 180 in Washington's direction.

I even fit in that category to some extent. Like I said, I don't like Trump, but I can't help but enjoy watching him piss insiders off.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Honestly, I would rank Trump as a great president, overall. He has done some amazing things in just a few months:

• Actually started to vigorously enforce immigration law. This alone makes him a standout, head and shoulders above any other president in my lifetime.
    • Appointed what seems to be a reasonable and conscientious replacement for Scalia in Gorsuch.
    • Pulled out of the ridiculous Paris accord.
    • Stopped the unsubstantiated aggression against Assad.
    • Has been quietly dismantling the numerous social experiment abortions courtesy of the Obama administration.
    • Though I don't agree with his healthcare position, happy to see him having the nerve to hold congress feet to the fire. I actually believe he may pull their plan.

And all of this in the face of a full, unhidden 110% assault on his administration by nearly every arm of the mainstream media and a well-organized and increasingly militant left wing. Don't kid yourself that the endless stories about the supposed "failures" of the administration, the low "polling" numbers, the lack of coverage of any successes, the reports of dwindling support aren't all 100% psyop.

There is certainly a dedicated base thrilled with the job he's doing and want more, more, more. The BS about chaos in the administration is just noise. Who cares? He's doing his darnedest to turn things around, and the results aren't too bad at this point.

Take a second to reflect on what things would look like today under a Hillary Clinton presidency. I mean really think about it.
    Last edited by jc000; 08-01-2017 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Take a second to reflect on what things would look like today under a Hillary Clinton presidency. I mean really think about it.
    It'd be the same as Obama for 8 years. Trump isn't amazing at all, but the butthurt he causes is entertaining to watch. In 4 years we'll see if it was a hilarious ride or if he goes full retard.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    It'd be the same as Obama for 8 years. Trump isn't amazing at all, but the butthurt he causes is entertaining to watch. In 4 years we'll see if it was a hilarious ride or if he goes full retard.
    Hard to take your post seriously. Obama was a disaster that I'm not sure we'll ever recover from, and I'm betting Hillary would be MORE competent at furthering our final destruction.

I don't really get what people desire out of a president, but focusing on the needs of the citizenry over everything else (and not the opposite approach) is great to me.

User Tag List