Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Turnover in the Trump Administration

critter, how do you know what was reported, and how do you decide whether you believe the person reporting?

the fbi doesn't issue the clearances. they provide a report of their findings. the wh is responsible for how they manage the info and the personnel.

when i'd have my security clearance background check (every five years or less depending on level), it was required that i provide voluminous info from prior addresses, family info, finances and investments, travel abroad, to various friends and contacts etc etc

no way in hell would i have been allowed anywhere near classified material if my background check had come up with "issues".

epistemology: how we know what we know, and how we know we know it.
    Last edited by blues; 02-15-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    critter, how do you know what was reported, and how do you decide whether you believe the person reporting?
    I don't know what was reported or when. I have made no conclusions actually, these are simply questions/thoughts which arose after reading many various articles from every slant on the topic available to the public over the past couple of days.

the fbi doesn't issue the clearances. they provide a report of their findings. the wh is responsible for how they manage the info and the personnel.

when i'd have my security clearance background check (every five years or less depending on level), it was required that i provide voluminous info from finances to travel abroad to various contacts etc etc

no way in hell would i have been allowed anywhere near classified info if my background check had come up with "issues".
    I read you there. The numbers/statements/articles simply don't add up. Some important stuff is obviously missing from the public access/view (big surprise there, eh? )

ETA: How to decide whom to believe --- I tend to think everything isn't quite the whole truth either from omission, slant, or deception. So by taking purported facts from multiple sources and applying the Law of Parsimony you can let Occam cut much of the crap for you, then you are left with -- well, what is left... that's usually as close to "truth" as you can get.
    Last edited by critter; 02-15-2018 at 07:14 PM.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Hope Hicks needs to go. (That's the nicest think I can say about her without seeming like a misogynist.)

Hope Hicks to Leave Post as White House Communications Director
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Yeah...and they're talking about it like how is the gov't gonna function in her absence. For crying out loud.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Economic advisor is out over tariffs. From BBC News:

US President Donald Trump's top economic adviser Gary Cohn is resigning, the White House has said.

It is the latest in a series of high-profile departures from President Trump's team.

There has been speculation that Mr Cohn, a supporter of free trade, was angered by Mr Trump's plans to impose tariffs on aluminium and steel imports.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Man if I left in a tissy every time my boss did something I didn't like...
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Man if I left in a tissy every time my boss did something I didn't like...
    Of if I had a boss I didn't like...

Well, it’s finally Rexit time. Let’s be honest, it was a long time coming. How many of us would keep our jobs for months after telling coworkers that the boss was an idiot - especially after issuing an protracted non-denial when called to the mat?

Then, there is the issue of Trump’s longtime personal assistant, John McEntee, who was abruptly canned and hustled out of the WH last night ahead of a criminal investigation into financial issues. Hmmm, only the best..
    Last edited by Sensei; 03-13-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Well, it’s finally Rexit time. Let’s be honest, it was a long time coming. How many of us would keep our jobs for months after telling coworkers that the boss was an idiot - especially after issuing an protracted non-denial when called to the mat?

Then, there is the issue of Trump’s longtime personal assistant, John McEntee, who was abruptly canned and hustled out of the WH last night ahead of a criminal investigation into financial issues. Hmmm, only the best..
    ...and the blightest.

Tillerson is out. With him and Cohn gone and in the manner they were treated, I would bet the pool of people from the business community just officially dried up.

I give both Kelly and Matthis 90 days max.

User Tag List