Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Turnover in the Trump Administration

Letting Bannon off the leash may be a good move in the long term. Assuming that the parting of ways is amicable, Bannon can do more to attack and backstab as a non governmental employee than he could as a staffer.

Sebastian Gorka bites the dust. It looks like Kelly is cutting the final ties with Brietbart.
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-26-2017 at 01:17 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Sebastian Gorka bites the dust. It looks like Kelly is cutting the final ties with Brietbart.
    Kelly's turning out to be a (or maybe the only) breath of fresh air in a very disjointed WH. Pleasantly surprised as I really had no true measure of the man while he was at Homeland Security.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    So some apolitical backstory about the interim comms director, Hope Hicks...

I went to high school with her, graduated the same class. I interacted with her a decent amount. She was very nice, polite, enthusiastic, popular, athletic, and dumb as a fucking fencepost. Literally thought cholesterol was a solid organ. Her teachers nicknamed her "Hopeless" because of how stunningly vacant her brain was.

That is all.
    I don't know Ms. Hicks, but she's obviously not ineducable, because she has rejected the leftist propaganda peddled by most academicians, and embraced the political party that respects both history and human nature.
    I wish her success...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MontWyDaho View Post
    I don't know Ms. Hicks, but she's obviously not ineducable, because she has rejected the leftist propaganda peddled by most academicians, and embraced the political party that respects both history and human nature.
    I wish her success...
    You just posted that you think she is smart because she believes the same things that you do. I posted that I think she is not smart because she thought cholesterol was a solid organ like your liver or kidneys. I believe my assessment of her intelligence is founded upon slightly firmer evidence.

With the exception of the Marine Generals now entrusted with babysitting, I think that rejecting common tenets and being ethically malleable is the ticket for your turn in the revolving door of the administration...

I'm sure the new polling will cause some more turnover as well.

Trump Cybersecurity Advisers Resign In ‘Moral’ Protest
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    You just posted that you think she is smart because she believes the same things that you do.
    I put in italics the part you mischaracterized...
    What I actually said: "she's obviously not ineducable, because she has rejected the leftist propaganda peddled by most academicians, and embraced the political party that respects both history and human nature."
    Last edited by MontWyDaho; 08-26-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MontWyDaho View Post
    I put in italics the part you mischaracterized...
    What I actually said: "she's obviously not ineducable, because she has rejected the leftist propaganda peddled by most academicians, and embraced the political party that respects both history and human nature."
    Which party would that be? The cringing Republican Party or Trump's White Nationalist Party?
    "Swing your leaders wide old man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblie View Post
    Which party would that be? The cringing Republican Party or Trump's White Nationalist Party?
    Definitely not the GOP, I was hoping they would get it together but I am losing hope. At least some of them are beginning to have honor, or at the very least they see how hard the liberal pendulum will swing back during the next two election cycles.

And especially after Trump resigns... conservatives need to brace for the shitstorm.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

To be fair, not all turnover is bad. Take HHS Secretary Tom Price as an example. This morally bankrupt cockroach thought that taking private chartered jets to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars in a few months was perfectly fine...until yesterday. Now, he is desperately trying to save his job, so he has offered to reimburse $50,000 of the $400,000+ that he bilked from taxpayers - what a swell guy. Never mind the fact that he failed at his main job: working with the Congress to pass an ACA replacement. Oh, and then there is the matter of his questionable biotechnology stock trades while overseeing healthcare legislation in the House.

Hmm, yeah. This guy needs to go...perhaps to jail.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List