Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Turnover in the Trump Administration

Site Supporter
    It is an empirical question. However, it would be strange that he would be alone with Milo and not a woman (if that report is true). Internet quips are so much fun.

I should go back to following the snubby discussion, that's much more practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Pence could not be in a room alone with Milo. Think about it.
    I don’t think you understand what you’re talking about.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Oh, I think I do. Don't get too upset.

I hear Bagdad Bob is looking for work.

Site Supporter
    Bob was truthful in a strange manner. Interesting read: https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...ctions/274241/

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I hear Bagdad Bob is looking for work.
    Isn't Chris Cuomo already at CNN?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

US Labour Secretary Alex Acosta is resigning amid criticism of his brokering of a plea deal for financier Jeffrey Epstein in a child sex case.

Mr Acosta, a former Florida prosecutor, made the announcement from the White House Lawn on Friday, as President Donald Trump stood by his side.

Democrats had called for him to quit over his handling of the Epstein case.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

US President Donald Trump says he has fired his National Security Adviser John Bolton.

"I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House," he wrote.

"I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions," Mr Trump wrote, adding that a new national security adviser would be appointed next week.

The firing comes after Mr Bolton argued with Mr Trump over the administration's peace talks with the Taliban.
    https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1171455806069305346
    Last edited by Chance; 09-10-2019 at 12:48 PM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

You remember the ancient times when there would be a press briefing. The old cabinet guy would be there, another guy would be there, and the President would be there. The old cabinet guy would say he/she is leaving, its been awesome and great, and that this is the new guy who is awesome and great and overqualified. The new guy would thank the old guy and the President for the opportunity, they would all kissy face and the old guy would ride out into the sunset.

The leaders of the Senate would already have been briefed and given their verbal ok because the new guy was vetted, a known quantity, and was a half decent choice. They might even be at the meeting.

The transfer would be seemless, almost boring.

I miss those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    You remember the ancient times when there would be a press briefing. The old cabinet guy would be there, another guy would be there, and the President would be there. The old cabinet guy would say he/she is leaving, its been awesome and great, and that this is the new guy who is awesome and great and overqualified. The new guy would thank the old guy and the President for the opportunity, they would all kissy face and the old guy would ride out into the sunset.

The leaders of the Senate would already have been briefed and given their verbal ok because the new guy was vetted, a known quantity, and was a half decent choice. They might even be at the meeting.

The transfer would be seemless, almost boring.

I miss those days.

I blame the NY Mets for creating the precedent.

Willie Randolph had been on the hot seat all season long. It was no secret that the Mets were not happy with his performance, but they kept Randolph on as manager, despite the swirling rumors and the mounting criticism.

He stayed on until this morning, 3:11 AM to be exact, when the Mets fired him after they defeated the Angels 9-6.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Mets firing Willie Randolph. But be up-front about it, Omar Minaya, Fred Wilpon, and company. They managed to screw up the one thing that Mets fans have begged them for in the last several months.

Look at the timing of the Mets' schedule. The Mets were on the first game of a six-game road trip. They had just flown to the west coast to play in Los Angeles. And after flying for hours on a plane to California, they wait to fire Randolph?

Not fair at all.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List