Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Turnover in the Trump Administration

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Some of your confusion may stem from not really knowing what you are talking about. If a pandemic or mass casualty event occurred in your city and your hospital had to deal with 20x to 50x your current intake of patients what do you think that would look like. Would it look like your normal operations or would you be triaging patients in the parking garage ?

As for the separation of parents and kids that was a collateral effect of attempting to actually follow the law and prosecute illegal entrants. An alien illegally entering the US is committing a misdemeanor criminal offense (8 USC 1325). Federal criminal defendants are transferred to the custody of the US Marshals and like all other jailers in the US they don’t take defendants kids. Illegal entry may be just a misdemeanor but it is a dangerous activity and constitutes child endangerment. When someone is arrested for a crime in the US while they have kids with them what happens ? The police try and find a family member to take the kids and failing that they go to CPS. It happens every day all across America. Why were these people bringing kids? Because they knew it was a get out of jail free card. That brings its own set of problems. At least a third of the kids in “family units” are not the children of the adults as claimed. About 2/3 of those are other relatives such as nieces, nephews and cousins. The other 1/3 are not related. They are rented and there are multiple cases of kids being recycled two and three times by different “renters.” It’s a fucking shit show and we haven’t even touched on the rape and sexual abuse of these kids along the way.

As for Nielsen, her Homeland security background is as a cyber security expert. Her staff and Agency heads were what saved her as long as it did. All things considered I think she did a good job. No matter who trump picks or what they try to do, it will be challenged in the courts - the way around that was to change the law when he had control of both houses of Congress but he he didn’t. Instead he fucked around for two years.

A prime example is the recent San Francisco Court decison blocking 3rd country asylum seekers from being forced to wait in Mexico pending adjudication of their claims. Congress passed that into law in 1996. No administration has ever enforced it (which is a whole other issue) so now the ACLU is acting like it is something Nefarious when in fact it is duly enacted legislation which has been on the books over 20 years.
    It really is amazing how bad the American people are being snowballed by the media on this stuff. It really is being totally misrepresented. I started with an immigration related DHS agency a little while ago and have been in training so I've been drinking 8 cfr from a firehose. Seeing what the law actually says has completely changed my perspective on all this and made me realize just how badly we are all getting played.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    It really is amazing how bad the American people are being snowballed by the media on this stuff. It really is being totally misrepresented. I started with an immigration related DHS agency a little while ago and have been in training so I've been drinking 8 cfr from a firehose. Seeing what the law actually says has completely changed my perspective on all this and made me realize just how badly we are all getting played.
    Are there any particularly interesting revelations that you would like to share?

So far I think Trump is to Illegal Southern Border Immigration what Obama was to Firearm Sales.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders will be leaving her post at the end of June, President Donald Trump has announced.

Mr Trump tweeted that Mrs Sanders would be returning to her home of Arkansas after more than three years on the job.

"She is a very special person with extraordinary talents, who has done an incredible job," Mr Trump wrote.

She started out as deputy press secretary before replacing Sean Spicer in the top post in July 2017.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    From BBC News:
    It’s really interesting to speculate when you are a day behind on podcasts. Ben Shapiro covered Trump’s Stephanopoulos interview as Trump’s worst interview ever and states, “Well, someone’s gonna get fired over that”...and a few hours later Sanders is retiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    It’s really interesting to speculate when you are a day behind on podcasts. Ben Shapiro covered Trump’s Stephanopoulos interview as Trump’s worst interview ever and states, “Well, someone’s gonna get fired over that”...and a few hours later Sanders is retiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I doubt Sanders had anything to do with that, and she certainly didn't tell Trump to say the many unique and interesting things he said. She's been reported as looking for an out months ago.

Site Supporter
    I, for one, hate to see Sanders go. But I can understand how wearing it is to stand up to the propaganda press. I don't know how she took it this long.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    I, for one, hate to see Sanders go. But I can understand how wearing it is to stand up to the propaganda press. I don't know how she took it this long.
    I really wish that Trump would hire Milo for this job.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I really wish that Trump would hire Milo for this job.
    Name:  milo.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  10.7 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Pence could not be in a room alone with Milo. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Pence could not be in a room alone with Milo. Think about it.
    I think that in real life, it would be fine.
    #RESIST

User Tag List