Page 51 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 drop safety issues

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    “Drop safe,” Cohen explained, “Those two words don’t exist together. No gun is drop safe. It’s a function of angle, height and surface. If you build it completely drop safe, you legitimize mishandling. Inherently guns are not meant to be dropped, and are unsafe when dropped.”
    http://soldiersystems.net/2017/08/08...-p320-upgrade/
    WOW....

Nothing more to see as far as I'm concerned. That is freekin' insanity.

I'm curious what sort of trigger pull will result after an upgrade. The list of components to be changed is remarkably lengthy. Way more than a lighter trigger.

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2017..._source=FbMain
    Last edited by JHC; 08-08-2017 at 05:09 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Sigh...
    Well, on the bright side, I've seen this thread referenced on several other forums' threads today as a place with a lot of info.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

turn around time measured in months...... doubt they have 250,000 kits made and ready to go. and some poor souls will spend the next few months doing parts swaps....all day long. ugh. poor guys.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    WOW....

Nothing more to see as far as I'm concerned. That is freekin' insanity.
    No, its really a good thing if a pistol goes bang every so often when dropped. It keeps people on their toes, you know, and discourages bad habits.

I'm being sarcastic if you hadn't guessed. That may be the most moronic statement I have ever heard come from a CEO of a major firearms manufacturer. And in the advertising hype, SIG told me that the P320 had "safety without compromise" and that "while available as an option, you won't need a tabbed trigger safety for your gun to be DROP SAFE."
    Last edited by pblanc; 08-08-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Call it OCD or over thinking it, but I would have a hard time trusting the P320 now. Even after the upgrade. It would take a few years of seeing the gun perform well and have a pretty trouble free track record for me to trust it.

My duty belt with my holstered P-07 fell of the night stand onto a hardwood floor. It's my fault for not making sure my belt was secure but it goes to show drop safety is an important thing.
    Well, rumor is the Agency you applied for will transition to the P320 sometime in the coming year.

Whatever we might think about the P320's issue, and Sig's poor handling of the matter, I find it very interesting to watch Sig's damage control, and in particular Sig's use of the popular (firearms' industry) media to spin their ridiculous and self-serving narrative.

For years we knew that we couldn't trust most reviewers in most articles in most gun magazines, and - more and more, as time goes on - we are learning that we can't trust people just because they're coming to us via YouTube.

Like a local newspaper printing a (corporate) news release, as though it were news, absent any journalism, without either comment or criticism, many of the popular (firearms' industry) media agents have become corrupted. Sig's Machiavellian strategy here, control the media to control the narrative, should serve everyone as a bleak reminder of that fact.

Last edited by Wendell; 08-08-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    Well, rumor is the Agency you applied for will transition to the P320 sometime in the coming year.
    I know! Guess I'll be forced to trust it. Lol

PFT 1 is Friday.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    The difference is that the 6 parts were drop in and a trained chimp could install them. Also, there are Glock armorers everywhere. It sounds like all pistols for the "upgrade" will have to go back to Sig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Glock is a simple design but they were not nearly as ubiquitous in 1992. Back then most guns had to go back to Smyrna for upgrade.

A good friend found a civil suit online. The only link I have is to his drop box so I'm not posting a link. Bottom line is a LEO had his 320 fall to the ground and took a bullet to the leg.

User Tag List