Page 1 of 112 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 drop safety issues

P320 drop safety issues

This got sent out today.

Sig Sauer has identified that there is a defect in the P320 handgun that could cause the weapon system to go off when dropped. The Sig Sauer P320 was approved for primary duty, secondary primary duty, and back-up use. The Firearms Training Center is currently working with Sig Sauer to obtain a solution for the safety issue. Until Sig Sauer is able to find a solution to the safety issue, the Sig Sauer P320 is no longer approved by the ****** Police Department for any use.

Those officers that currently have a Sig Sauer P320 as a primary duty weapon will have the following two options:

Option 1 – Go to the Firearms Training Center on Monday, July 31st , during business hours, to be issued a city Sig Sauer P226 and qualify with that weapon.

Option 2 – Purchase another city approved weapon and respond to the Range on Monday, July 31st , during business hours, to qualify with that weapon.

Until getting another weapon and qualifying, officers need to practice increased safety with these weapon systems.

The Firearms Training Center staff is working diligently with Sig Sauer to obtain a solution and will keep officers informed of the status.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post

This got sent out today.
    Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Yikes.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....20-drop-safety

I guess there is/was another thread going.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Vending Machine Operator
    Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I wonder if this could somehow upset the contract for big Army?

Quote Originally Posted by Father of 3 View Post
    I wonder if this could somehow upset the contract for big Army?
    My thought as well. In any event a bet a few people at Glock are having a drink tonight.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Yikes.
    Seriously. That is no bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The 320, MPX and MCX all seem like works in progress.
    No testing can work out all the bugs like say the first 10 years of hard use by a million or so users.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Dang. Better that they acknowledge and (hopefully) offer a fix than the alternative, but this is some major egg in Sig's face.

I've been enjoying the 320 and really like how it shoots for me, but haven't fully converted from Glocks for carry cause they're well vetted. Try as I might, I just can't quit you, Glock.

I too wonder about the Army contract - it also makes me wonder why this didn't come up during that testing? Perhaps because they were using manual safety variants and testing with the safety engaged?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

IIRC environmental and drop testing are part of phase 2 - which was planned to be done on the selected pistols.

I may be wrong but that's my read on some reporting that debunked the claim they didn't finish testing (phase 2) before selection.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List