Page 97 of 112 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 drop safety issues

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    John--My experience with the 320 isn't consistent with what happened with your gun. I and 4 other USPSA shooters have high round counts (10-20k, plus 100k+ dryfire) on about 12 320s. I'm not aware that any of us has had to replace the striker spring.
    Not the striker spring but the striker reset spring. It's the small spring that sits parallel with the striker inside the striker assembly. It's job is to put counter force on the striker and pull the striker back enough to allow the striker lock to engage.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Not the striker spring but the striker reset spring. It's the small spring that sits parallel with the striker inside the striker assembly. It's job is to put counter force on the striker and pull the striker back enough to allow the striker lock to engage.
    Sorry--I was typing prior to having coffee. I have not inspected those.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    Yes, I get that, in fact I've had M&P Compact 9 and 45, and still have shield 9 and 45. What I don't get is in what way the hinge between the top and bottom half of the trigger is supposed to prevent the inertial fire.
    The tab contacting the frame does that. It prevents the trigger from traveling rearward unless the hinge is engaged which moves the tab from engaging the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    The tab contacting the frame does that. It prevents the trigger from traveling rearward unless the hinge is engaged which moves the tab from engaging the frame.
    I think his question is how does the hinged tab not move with inertia with the rest of the trigger. It makes up a good amount of the mass of the trigger and the hinged section is at the end of the fulcrum, how does it also not move rearward under inertia?

Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    I think his question is how does the hinged tab not move with inertia with the rest of the trigger. It makes up a good amount of the mass of the trigger and the hinged section is at the end of the fulcrum, how does it also not move rearward under inertia?
    It does a little but the tab at the front of the trigger is matched with a tab protruding at the rear so that before the the trigger travels much at all the tab at the rear gets blocked on the frame and in turn blocks all further trigger movement. Furthermore, the weight of the tabs is so light that it barely, if at all in those drops gets affected by inertia.

Look at the videos and GIFs further up this thread and you'll see it in action.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    Compared to the main part of the trigger shoe, which also has the mass of the trigger bar attached to it, the hinged tab has a relatively minuscule amount amount of mass and a spring to resist rearward movement. You have to look at the whole system.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Talking Monkey; 08-15-2017 at 03:21 PM.

So there was an incident of an unintentional discharge from February of last year.

This poor guy brought it up at the time and pretty much nobody (myself included) believed him at the time.

Guess we know now.

Attachment 19063

Bullet hole in his ceiling. Gun was a P320C in .45 ACP
    Attachment 19064
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Not sure if this video has been posted but here it is...a man after @Enel's heart. Striker fired mallet test...and yes the P320 did discharge when rapped on the back of the slide. Since the trigger didn't move rearward from inertia how was the firing pin block defeated? Genuinely curious.

First 3 minutes are him babbling.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    So there was an incident of an unintentional discharge from February of last year.

This poor guy brought it up at the time and pretty much nobody (myself included) believed him at the time.

Guess we know now.

Attachment 19063

Bullet hole in his ceiling. Gun was a P320C in .45 ACP
    Attachment 19064
    He's baaaack. And rubbing it in.
    Attachment 19068
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    He's baaaack. And rubbing it in.
    Can't say I blame him for feeling that way..
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List