Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gabe White on Civilian Carry Radio Podcast

Excellent interview, Gabe!

I just finished watching the interview, it was a great Gabe tons of info.

I appreciate all the kind words everyone! That was a very fun podcast to be a guest on.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I like Civilian Carry Radio. Solid interviewers, division of labor, and productive participation by co-hosts. Questions asked by hosts and then answered by guests. Logical flow and professional presentation.

Lots of info in that interview. Detailed and technical at times but accessible. What would you like to have added to this one, or would add in a later appearance?
    There was some preshow discussion went a little more into my USPSA project, but we never really got back to it in earnest during the actual show. Most of the time we were answering listener questions, which I can see is part of the point of having a live show like that. But it felt like we did a lot of talking about vision details, etc. No real gripe on my part - there is just so much great stuff to discuss that I hope they have me back - I really enjoyed being on the show. I haven't watched it yet, so maybe I am forgetting what we covered during the preshow vs. the actual show.

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    I wanted to ask the following but I missed the cut off for questions.

Do you have a benchmark for pistol accuracy at distance? (20+ yards). I have been noticing that my accuracy in competition at distance has been sub par and I would like a way to benchmark to determine equipment limits vs software limits as I have been struggling to refine that skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd say that I focus more on precision under time pressure at 25 yards, and less on pure precision alone.

I like to shoot Bill Drills at 25 yards and strive to get them done under 4 seconds with all As. In reality, I am usually in the low 4s or high 3s with mostly As but rarely all As. There is lots of work to do there.

More distant shooting under time pressure like that is very hard, and is something that I'd just continuously try to make better than it was, but I'm not really attached to any particular benchmark. I'd start with hitting the target, then add time pressure, and increase it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I tried to watch this live last night but the kids kept me busy. I'm watching it now and it looks great so far, I've gotta say though I'm a little sad they didn't introduce you as Lord of the Food Court.
    I hear you there. I am so used to wearing silly stuff on podcasts, that I didn't really know what to do with myself when they told me no cussing AND no drinking either. I thought about bringing out the tiger mask and gladius, but I'm not sure they know me well enough yet. I might next time though lol...
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    Good interview and excellent content! This channel deserves more than just a few hundred subscribers - there's gold in them hills.

The "on-demand focal shift" topic was easy to understand on video. I'm sure they'll want you back.

Civilian carry radio has been a great new podcasts and have had people on their show. This was excellent with Mr. White partly because he is a true "civilian" so his perspective was very informative. Only been able to get through about half but will definetly listen to the rest in the next day or so. Really enjoyed his insight and his training techniques.

Hammertime

Gabe White on Civilian Carry Radio Podcast

Well, this just went to the top of my listening pile...

Hammertime
    Listened to, learns and enjoyed. Thanks Gabe.

I am sure @Tom_Jones appreciates the mention of the SCD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Listened to, learns and enjoyed. Thanks Gabe.

I am sure @Tom_Jones appreciates the mention of the SCD as well.
    Glad you enjoyed it! I was happy the SCD was able to get in there too!
    Last edited by Mr_White; 07-28-2017 at 02:07 PM.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court

Gabe I thought you did a great job on that podcast and believe that you will have a great career in teaching people full time if you choose to go down that road. You've got all the right things going to be successful and I found the podcast compelling and cogent.

As an aside you sound just like Jeff Goldblum in the "The Fly" talking about telepods when you get into the technical elements of shooting and vision. That's not a bad thing!

Well done my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Gabe I thought you did a great job on that podcast and believe that you will have a great career in teaching people full time if you choose to go down that road. You've got all the right things going to be successful and I found the podcast compelling and cogent.

As an aside you sound just like Jeff Goldblum in the "The Fly" talking about telepods when you get into the technical elements of shooting and vision. That's not a bad thing!

Well done my friend!

User Tag List