Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: LEOSA: New York City: Mag Restrictions

Site Supporter
    Apparently a bill is floating around congress to do away with the magazine restrictions but I can't seem to locate it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Apparently a bill is floating around congress to do away with the magazine restrictions but I can't seem to locate it.
    Sure hope so, it's been needed for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Playing it safe. That's exactly what I gravitated to for visiting family in NYC. I really like my G26. If the neutered G19 magazines were actually reliable, I would likely carry my G19 but I don't shoot the G26 too much worse. Plus, it fits in my pocket for when I just need to walk the family dog around the block.
    I haven't figured out a way to pocket carry the G26...at least not with the Trijicon HDs installed. They're virtually guaranteed to snag on the pocket lining. If there's a secret you wanna share, I'm all ears...(or eyes in this case...)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    How many of these TSA folks applied for LEO work and didn't make the cut?
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! The agency I worked for hired a bunch of TSA refugees from about 2009 to 2012. The stories they tell about their co-workers and especially their supervisors are unbelievable, even though I've spent my entire life in public service. Some people get hired specifically to get in the federal system, then move on to another federal job. The people who are left are the one's who really get off on TSA work, can't get hired elsewhere.

All this LEOSA stuff pisses me off. If by some random chance, my wife and kid were at a shopping center where some asshole cut loose with an AK-47, I don't want any impediments to some steely eyed retired cop from taking care of business.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I haven't figured out a way to pocket carry the G26...at least not with the Trijicon HDs installed. They're virtually guaranteed to snag on the pocket lining. If there's a secret you wanna share, I'm all ears...(or eyes in this case...)
    Mine currently wears the Ameriglo Defoor sights with the tritium front. I'm using an AHolster pocket holster. I can see HDs being a problem in the pocket with some holsters but the AHolster covers the top of the slide completely. The only issue would be catching the rear sight on something while drawing.

I haven't had any problems with my setup in the pockets of pants by Mountain Khakis, Duluth Trading Co., or Vertx. Your pants/shorts will definitely need large pockets due to the thickness of the gun/holster. It's more conspicuous than when I pocket carried a Ruger LCR but the holster does a good job breaking the outline of the gun, especially if your shirt hangs low enough to obscure some or all of the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Mine currently wears the Ameriglo Defoor sights with the tritium front. I'm using an AHolster pocket holster. I can see HDs being a problem in the pocket with some holsters but the AHolster covers the top of the slide completely. The only issue would be catching the rear sight on something while drawing.

I haven't had any problems with my setup in the pockets of pants by Mountain Khakis, Duluth Trading Co., or Vertx. Your pants/shorts will definitely need large pockets due to the thickness of the gun/holster. It's more conspicuous than when I pocket carried a Ruger LCR but the holster does a good job breaking the outline of the gun, especially if your shirt hangs low enough to obscure some or all of the pocket.
    I have an Aholster for my S&W 642-1 but haven't invested in one for the G26. I have a Remora that fits the G26 and when I've tried to draw from the pocket, the rear sight snags the pocket of my 5.11s.

Haven't tried with other pants and it's probably better if I just erase the thought from my consciousness.
    Last edited by blues; 09-12-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List