Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shotgun Self Study

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    The problem with saying something works well for me is the cognoscenti automatically default to the assumption that only Fudds use that terminology and it has no place in the current Gun Culture 2.0. These are typically the same people that can’t understand how someone can run a double action revolver better than a Glock 19 and don’t care about carrying a double digit number of rounds. In other words I knew exactly what sort of response it would garner and I stand by my assertion.
    I think your being needlessly argumentative and stand-off'ish about the entire thing, to include your framing it as a "pump vs gun culture 2.0" issue. It's not; the two are not mutually exclusive. Plus, if you're posting stuff simply to garner a particular and expected negative reaction, I don't think that's particularly useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Also, comparing the history of pumps and semis over the past 120 years to muskets is a bit specious.
    It's not specious, it's pointing out a logical fallacy through illustration. A logical fallacy which you've basically already admitted was simply to evoke a negative reaction.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I think your being needlessly argumentative and stand-off'ish about the entire thing, to include your framing it as a "pump vs gun culture 2.0" issue. It's not; the two are not mutually exclusive. Plus, if you're posting stuff simply to garner a particular and expected negative reaction, I don't think that's particularly useful.

It's not specious, it's pointing out a logical fallacy through illustration. A logical fallacy which you've basically already admitted was simply to evoke a negative reaction.
    You’re mistaking my not caring what other folks think about how I go about doing things with an attempt to troll or be argumentative. You articulated a criticism, I responded. You chose to ignore the part about personal experience in your rush to point out your perception of my fallacies.

Thanks for the interesting conversation. Have a good night.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    A properly built 870 runs fine. I've never seen or owned a 1911 that ran fine, whether it cost me $1800, or $4500. I've never owned one cheaper than that to comment.
    I had a Taurus 1911 that ran like a wanted felon, unlike others I’ve had that cost 2-4x as much.

I’ve also never seen an 870 that wouldn’t run, unless it was entirely gunked up from never being cleaned, or had a catastrophic part failure (saw an extractor shear off once). In a class I took, all of the pumps ran fine short of shooter-induced error (short stroke) while all of the semis had at least one malfunction. Small sample size there though, I admit, and I think the semis were two Remingtons and a Mossberg.

Look at 3 Gun though. Nobody is running a pump. And a lot of match stuff isn’t practical for other uses, but those guys know what works. Semi is faster, period.

All that said I own a couple 870’s and never got around to buying a 1301 even though it’s been on the short list for a couple years. So there’s that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    I had a Taurus 1911 that ran like a wanted felon, unlike others I’ve had that cost 2-4x as much.

I’ve also never seen an 870 that wouldn’t run, unless it was entirely gunked up from never being cleaned, or had a catastrophic part failure (saw an extractor shear off once). In a class I took, all of the pumps ran fine short of shooter-induced error (short stroke) while all of the semis had at least one malfunction. Small sample size there though, I admit, and I think the semis were two Remingtons and a Mossberg.

Look at 3 Gun though. Nobody is running a pump. And a lot of match stuff isn’t practical for other uses, but those guys know what works. Semi is faster, period.

All that said I own a couple 870’s and never got around to buying a 1301 even though it’s been on the short list for a couple years. So there’s that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The benelli dominates 3 gun and heavy metal for pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    A properly built 870 runs fine. I've never seen or owned a 1911 that ran fine, whether it cost me $1800, or $4500. I've never owned one cheaper than that to comment.
    And I have two 1911s, one built in the early 80s, both of which run fine with JHP ammo. The only issues I've ever had have bene magazine related, or self-inflicted.

/digression.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List