Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Hope This Doesn't Get Trendy....

I Hope This Doesn't Get Trendy....

"Minneapolis mayoral candidate Raymond Dehn proposes disarming police of guns"

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.fox9....70151845-story
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

That's not something that has any legal ground to stand on, in my opinion.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Is it true this same guy was charged and convicted of armed robbery back in the day?

http://alphanewsmn.com/candidate-for...felony-charge/

Seems there is some backlash to his stupid comment anyway. As there should be.

http://alphanewsmn.com/dfl-rep-minne...itter-outrage/

In my opinion a 1st class oxygen thief who isn't even qualified to run a lemonade stand.

On the very first day of my attendance of my first training academy as an 1811 (agency specific academy), the Commander of my then organization got in front of the class of new Special Agents and told us if he had his way, none of us would have guns. "We don't ENFORCE any laws. We gather information. All you need is a camera, a laptop, and a cell phone to do your job." So, it's not just politicians with these stupid ass ideas...

That afternoon I was in the local library on USAJOBS applying for every open 1811 position with other agencies...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    On the very first day of my attendance of my first training academy as an 1811 (agency specific academy), the Commander of my then organization got in front of the class of new Special Agents and told us if he had his way, none of us would have guns. "We don't ENFORCE any laws. We gather information. All you need is a camera, a laptop, and a cell phone to do your job." So, it's not just politicians with these stupid ass ideas...

That afternoon I was in the local library on USAJOBS applying for every open 1811 position with other agencies...
    Commander - someone who doesn't do any real work, just pushes papers around acting as though they are worthy of their title.

The textbook definition of a bureaucrat.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I wanted to write an intelligent dissertation about how this would be an excellent test case to demonstrate the needs of armed citizenship, and how having such reduces overall police requirements, but I think in the end they'll just have a burned out city and a bunch of dead people all over the place. Then again, maybe that would be one for the "win" column anyways?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Don't be so quick to discount this as a serious problem. It is being proposed in more than one city by more than one halfwit. It is the direction that some of our more radical political factions want to go. Not because it will improve public safety....just the opposite. They crave the violence and disorder that would result, and the opportunity it would create.

I was told by someone with firsthand knowledge that our previous chief proposed a "pilot program" of unarmed officers as a "foot in the door" kinda deal. Didn't catch on, but there was apparently several windowlicker seat sniffer HQ types who saw "promotions" in the writing on the wall, and we're ready to volunteer.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Don't be so quick to discount this as a serious problem. It is being proposed in more than one city by more than one halfwit. It is the direction that some of our more radical political factions want to go. Not because it will improve public safety....just the opposite. They crave the violence and disorder that would result, and the opportunity it would create.

I was told by someone with firsthand knowledge that our previous chief proposed a "pilot program" of unarmed officers as a "foot in the door" kinda deal. Didn't catch on, but there was apparently several windowlicker seat sniffer HQ types who saw "promotions" in the writing on the wall, and we're ready to volunteer.
    First cop gets killed doing that and the top brass who suggested it isn't fired, there had better be a serious round of blue flue and a serious lawsuit.

The entire concept is stupid.
    VDMSR.com

A visiting agency chief began an academy lecture with "What would you think if one day your department told you to turn in your pistols and go out on patrol?"

He and I had as... spirited... an argument a cadet could have without being written up. I was shocked at some of the acquiesent responses in the class. Mostly the same group of people that couldn't tell the difference between Constitution and Communist Manifesto excerpts in one of the exams.

I don't think we ever found out what his original point was.

User Tag List