Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Going to go burn some .45 in a FA Thompson tomorrow. Any questions I ought to ask?

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Alright Misanthropist ya got me convinced I need to take my nephew up on his offer & get down to his ranch in Refugio cty. to bond w/ his Thompson.

He has a FA Colt that's also stamped NY DOC as it came out of Attica state prison a long time ago, where's that young man's ph. number?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    You've at least got a fedora. Tell me you've got a fedora.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    <-checks for fedora, shakes head sadly
    All men have a fedora
    Last edited by MistWolf; 07-30-2017 at 12:17 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Hell, yeah, get your Dillinger on. Thompsons and BARs are my favorite full auto weapons. I don't care that they're too heavy for what they are. You'll mow your enemies down on style points alone.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

A full auto Thompson is one of the sub guns I've always wanted to shoot.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    I wonder how many Thompsons are still in police armories. Forsyth County, NC recently traded two, I think, for a bunch of rifles. They were bought for the Sheriff's Office in 1927 by the R.J Reynolds Tobacco Company.
    I have been told by a credible source that Virginia State Police has a huge stock of Thompson parts. Bet they still have a few operational guns still there.

Mine belonged to a VA LE Agency before it was sold for "better" equipment. I tried talking to the captain at the agency, but unfortunately it was his predecessor who had all the answers. He also hinted that VASP had a stash of parts....... anyone want to put in a good word? Ya know, in the event they feel like liquidating some to an honest, upstanding citizen......?
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    A full auto Thompson is one of the sub guns I've always wanted to shoot.
    See the look on his face after the burst from the hip? You really need to experience that.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Turning money into noise! Must have been a blast.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Our sheriff dept got rid of theirs. Like so many other departments around the country saving an incredible piece of history was less important than making a couple bucks in a trade.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List