Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to go burn some .45 in a FA Thompson tomorrow. Any questions I ought to ask?

Get your picture taken firing with the butt against your chin....a must have photo...Attachment 18455

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I am having the best day.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

<-checks for fedora, shakes head sadly
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Tomorrow (July 27) is scheduled to be a great day. I'm taking a full auto Thompson out and, presumably, shooting men in zoot suits or, possibly, escaping the coppers and robbing banks in East Chicago, see?

Anyway, it turns out the local ERT unit kept their 1930s Thompsons in working order all this time and I'm going to try to talk them into doing an upcoming raid using period gear because that would be awesome for reasons I don't feel I should have to explain. They've bravely agreed to let me goof around with one for a while, which I really can't explain.

I don't think I really know enough about these things to have a bunch of built-in questions to answer. So if anyone has outstanding questions not resolved by watching The Untouchables, fire away. I could use some intelligent questions, because I'm pretty much planning on just hosing bullets and alternating between saying "Natch, see? The dirty coppers can't put on over on old Missy" and "fuck, this is awesome".

Your thoughts?
    My thoughts are that I want to be you when I grow up some day.

And good luck on the 4-hour window BehindBlueI's mentioned.

Lean into it aggressively. Tommygun stocks have an obscenely long LOP, so don't be scared of trying a high underarm tuck with it. Make sure & brush your teeth first 'cause you're gonna do a lot of smiling! A dear buddy let me & my wife dispose of a case of W-W white box thru his 1928A1 last year - good times!
    This pic is from a visit for some repair work rather than the fun day.
    Name:  IMAG0235a.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  41.9 KB
    Last edited by Buckshot; 07-27-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Superb pictures of amusing times with the Thomas gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Love me some Tommygun
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 07-27-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I almost didn't post this, after seeing Sean's video, but I will anyway...

I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

It's a cool vid
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Name:  FB_IMG_1483578894722.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  47.8 KB
    Wish this was FA. Was at an American Zoot Shoot Association match a couple of years ago.

User Tag List