Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to go burn some .45 in a FA Thompson tomorrow. Any questions I ought to ask?

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar

Going to go burn some .45 in a FA Thompson tomorrow. Any questions I ought to ask?

Tomorrow (July 27) is scheduled to be a great day. I'm taking a full auto Thompson out and, presumably, shooting men in zoot suits or, possibly, escaping the coppers and robbing banks in East Chicago, see?

Anyway, it turns out the local ERT unit kept their 1930s Thompsons in working order all this time and I'm going to try to talk them into doing an upcoming raid using period gear because that would be awesome for reasons I don't feel I should have to explain. They've bravely agreed to let me goof around with one for a while, which I really can't explain.

I don't think I really know enough about these things to have a bunch of built-in questions to answer. So if anyone has outstanding questions not resolved by watching The Untouchables, fire away. I could use some intelligent questions, because I'm pretty much planning on just hosing bullets and alternating between saying "Natch, see? The dirty coppers can't put on over on old Missy" and "fuck, this is awesome".

Your thoughts?
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Enjoy. Thompsons are fun.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I don't think I really know enough about these things to have a bunch of built-in questions to answer. So if anyone has outstanding questions not resolved by watching The Untouchables, fire away. I could use some intelligent questions, because I'm pretty much planning on just hosing bullets and alternating between saying "Natch, see? The dirty coppers can't put on over on old Missy" and "fuck, this is awesome".
    #1: Should you still see a doctor if the resulting erection lasts more than 4 hours?
    #2: If you could sleep with any female celebrity or shoot the FA Thompson, what would you wear to the range?
    #3: Seriously, that 4 hour thing, should I be concerned?

Oh, and smack yourself in the face with a hot iron if you don't put it in a violin case at least once.

Oh no

I have no violin case

face smacking ensues
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Oh no

I have no violin case

face smacking ensues
    There's still time...right?

You've at least got a fedora. Tell me you've got a fedora.

I have to be at the range at 9 am.

Man, tomorrow morning is going to involve some pretty frantic shopping.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Oh no

I have no violin case

face smacking ensues
    There's got to be a thrift store you can knock over on the way to the range.

Pinstripes? What color tie?
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 07-27-2017 at 12:17 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I'd be asking local gun stores if they would be able to deliver a pallet of ammo last-minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most. Fun. Shooting. Ever. Mag dumps in a B8 at 5-7 yards possible. Kind of like that game at the fair where you have to shoot out the star with BB machine guns, but real.

We have a couple 1928 Navy Overstamps. I want to take one on a raid before I retire.

Ask obnoxious questions like HOW MANY NAZIS CAN I KILL WITH THIS
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List