Thread: Sight question compatibility for glock 26

Sight question compatibility for glock 26

So I have a glock 19 that I bought used about a year ago and it has the TFO practical tactical fiber optic sight on it until I put an RMR on it. So since I liked the sights I thought I'd put them on my 26. However they don't see, to work very well from an accuracy standpoint, going high and left from a bench rest at 10 yards. Drifted the sights pretty far right and still not hitting in the center. With the stock plastics sights, gun was dead accurate.

Did some research and looking at what seems to be the same sights at brownells it looks like the're compatible, however it looks like the same sights sold at midway are for the 19/17 or similar size. My question for those who would know the reason why they wouldn't work for the g26? I assume the height on the sights themselves are part of the problem but the was surprised who far I had to drift the sights to get accurate shots on targets. Can you help me understand the reasons? I don't think it was my shooting, I had two other guys who are excellent shooters and they also had the same problem so I'm going to say it's the sights, not the shooter, especially since two days ago I was very accurate with the stock sights.

As a general rule, my Glock 19 pistols require a .230/235 front (Heinie, 10-8 or equivalent height rear), where my 17 and 26 pistols are 50/50 between the regular .215 and .230/.235. Every pistol is unique, but if your sights hit POA/POI on the 19, money is they should be fine on a 26. Make sure your front sight is installed straight and not canted to the right. Shoot again in different light.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks for your response. Hmm, checked the front seems straight. My thought was what you mentioned, if it worked on the 19 should probably work on the 26. I know the gun/me shoots pretty straight as mentioned did fine with the stock sights. Just odd how off it was even after drifted the rear site (by a good bit) and confirmed with the other two shooters using a bench rest.

These are the ones on midway that says there not compatible. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/78...ic-front-steel

Then these are from brownells that says they are, http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...63-161917.aspx

FYI I was outside shooting, very sunny and no wind, just the typical hot summer Texas day. I may take it to an indoor range today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Dismas316; 07-27-2017 at 08:21 AM.

I've got 26's, 19's and 17's. I consider the sights pretty much interchangeable. Like GJM, different pistols might need a different front sight height. I don't think I have .215's on any of my pistols. Most are .225 tall for me. That's with Warren or Heinie rear sights.

I've seen, on sunny days, that the pistol shoots toward the sun. If the sun is on my right, it shines on the right side of my front sight, making it look thinner and I move the pistol over according to the front sight I see. I will sometimes try to find a shaded spot to shoot from to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the suggestions. Went to an indoor range with a gunsmith on staff and while I thought I tightened the rear site, apparently is was drifting slightly while shooting. Once secured (and aligned properly) seemed to solve the problem. Hate when I do stupid things.

User Tag List