Thread: Say what you mean

Say what you mean

I have a little rimfire plate target. The kind you get at the sporting goods store, ya know? Nothing top shelf or anything, but it states suitable for all rimfire calibers.......

Except they mean .22 traveling at snail velocities.

.22 LR CCI Stingers dimple it. .17 HMR dimples it.

It handles Suppressed subsonic CCI .22LR just fine.....

Say what you mean dipshits. Now I have to go buy new steel for the yard because you didn't know that .17 HMR is also a rimfire. You are the same dumbfucks that insist .223 and 5.56 are the same thing.

I seriously had to look to see if "Bushmaster" was stamped on the target somewhere.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I bought cheap AR500 plates, $15 each, plus a "T post" mount on Ebay for $20, and a T post from the local hardware store.

So about $40 per target and AR500 holds up to 22 and 9mm like a champ.

I can post links if you want.
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 07-26-2017 at 07:53 PM.

I'm glad you brought this up. I have some of those too but I also have a 22 magnum rifle. There's a local guy who makes some steel targets, I might see if he can fabricate something like a spinning squirrel that will handle 22 mag. I have noticed that some of those things in the big box stores specify 22lr only, but not all.

I've got heavier grade steel for the real guns, but I like the little spinners for the yard........ looks like I'll have to dedicate one of the real targets to yard use. And I'd have never bought the piece of shit one if it had said ".22LR only". Except it said "suitable for all rimfire calibers".
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 07-26-2017 at 08:30 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I am guessing these are cheap-o 1/4" AR400 plates meant for standard and maybe high velocity .22 rimfire.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cci+...oq=CCI+stinger

Ballistics Information:
    Caliber 22 Long Rifle Search for Caliber No Calibers match your search. Show All 1
    Grain Weight 32 Grains
    Muzzle Velocity 1640 Feet Per Second
    Muzzle Energy 191 Foot Pounds
    Bullet Style Plated Hollow Point

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.17_HMR

Ballistic performance
    Bullet mass/type Velocity Energy
    17 gr. (1.1 g) 2,550 ft/s (780 m/s) 245 ft·lbf (332 J)
    20 gr. (1.3 g) 2,350 ft/s (720 m/s) 250 ft·lbf (340 J)

I *might* have some sympathy for "Hyper" velocity CCI Stingers from a pistol, but absolutely none if shot from a rifle.

.17 HMR? Only dimpling? I'm surprised they didn't blow right through.

#PlayStupidGamesWinStupidPrizes
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I've got heavier grade steel for the real guns, but I like the little spinners for the yard........ looks like I'll have to dedicate one of the real targets to yard use. And I'd have never bought the piece of shit one if it had said ".22LR only". Except it said "suitable for all rimfire calibers".
    I doubt the 'little .22 spinners' are even 1/4" AR400.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I'm just gonna spray paint pine cones white, and toss them at the edge of the lawn. They're free, I have lots, they self-replenish, don't have to pick them up, dance when you hit them, and no one represents them to be anything other than pine cones.

Site Supporter
    I remember living in rural Ohio, man having a .22LR rifle was so much fun. Now I live in suburban Georgia where we have the damn mutant ninja pine cones with the spikes on them that cut your hands all to hell. These things DESERVE to be shot and I can't do a thing about it. Well, a machete does a number on them but it's not as satisfying as blasting them would be.

User Tag List