Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying Ammo At Wholesale Prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Uh, it was.

https://www.freedommunitions.com/9mm...gr-rn-new.html

$4,845 for 25,000, 124 gr.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Those are plated bullets. When they are good they are just OK. When they are bad they are horrid.
    I can't imagine having 25,000 rounds of something that does not work.

Here is a picture of a friend's CZ P10C jammed solidly with Freedom Munitions 9mm. The only way we could clear the malfunction was to remove the magazine base plate, empty the tube, extract the tube once the pressure was relieved then beat the round free with a squib rod. Then the same ammo would not run in a G17.

Attachment 18447

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post

Here is a picture of a friend's CZ P10C jammed solidly with Freedom Munitions 9mm. The only way we could clear the malfunction was to remove the magazine base plate, empty the tube, extract the tube once the pressure was relieved then beat the round free with a squib rod. Then the same ammo would not run in a G17.

Attachment 18447
    Repeat, 25,000 times
    Last edited by Bobcat; 07-26-2017 at 09:56 PM.

New manufactured Freedom has been GTG in my experience (5K rounds this year so far; just ordered 3K more this week). Their reman stuff in the other hand...I wouldn't. Ive had worse luck with their reman stuff. Extremely short OALs, brass that had visible stretch marks, I even had a .380 case in one of my boxes of 9mm reman stuff. No thanks.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 07-27-2017 at 12:20 AM.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Ive had worse luck with their reman stuff. Extremely short OALs, brass that had visible stretch marks, I even had a .380 case in one of my boxes of 9mm reman stuff. No thanks.
    Between those and other examples of extremely poor QC and the screwy stepped cases that I'm unwilling to reload, I almost wish they just weren't in business at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I reload. I once bought a large quantity of West Coast 9mm plated bullets. I don't remember exactly, but it was probably 10,000. I had successfully shot several thousand and reordered this batch. They would keyhole. Just a few out of each hundred. Once, at a match, I shot at a target and hit a non threat 3 feet away. It took forever to shoot up all those bullets in practice. I switched to FMJ for matches and then to coated when they came out. No more plated bullets for me.

West Coast Bullets went out of business about that time. The company was sold and renamed. Guess what??

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Between those and other examples of extremely poor QC and the screwy stepped cases that I'm unwilling to reload, I almost wish they just weren't in business at all.
    This!

I reload. I once bought a large quantity of West Coast 9mm plated bullets. I don't remember exactly, but it was probably 10,000. I had successfully shot several thousand and reordered this batch. They would keyhole. Just a few out of each hundred. Once, at a match, I shot at a target and hit a non threat 3 feet away. It took forever to shoot up all those bullets in practice. I switched to FMJ for matches and then to coated when they came out. No more plated bullets for me.

West Coast Bullets went out of business about that time. The company was sold and renamed. Guess what??
    Uuuhh are the initials F.M. ?

My experience with Freedom is mixed. Their American steel line is rubbish as far as I am concerned. On the plus side they bought back the rest of the order after I called. I bought some new .38 super auto from them that works great, it must be near a 165 power factor.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Uuuhh are the initials F.M. ?

My experience with Freedom is mixed. Their American steel line is rubbish as far as I am concerned. On the plus side they bought back the rest of the order after I called. I bought some new .38 super auto from them that works great, it must be near a 165 power factor.
    Actually, the former West Coast is now X-Treme. I don't know anything about Freedom except the ad said they used X-Treme bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Target Sports has free shipping if you order in cases. Out of curiosity I added 10 of the 1k cases (Fed AE 124gr) and estimated shipping. Subtotal with estimate says shipping is free.
    They do, but they price the shipping into the case. When I buy more than one case at a time SG Ammo has been cheaper in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took forever to shoot up all those bullets in practice. I switched to FMJ for matches and then to coated when they came out. No more plated bullets for me.
    I sort of thought plated bullets were an upgrade from coated. Have you found the opposite to be true? What brand of coated bullets have you used?

To the OP $2500 would get you a nice reloading setup and tons of components. Factoring in the $2500 you would have spent on factory amoo you would hit your break even point really quickly.

User Tag List