Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying Ammo At Wholesale Prices?

Site Supporter
    Ammo is normally ordered a year in advance at the wholesale level. Right now we are seeing online sellers selling at or in some cases below cost because they "over ordered" in anticipation of a hildabeast victory and corresponding panic.

You can find premium brass case 9mm for about $180 per 1,000 right now. If you are ok with Blazer aluminum PSA has Blazer aluminum 9mm 115 grain for $7.99 / 50 with free shipping on 20 or more boxes. That is $159 / 1,000 shipped.

Federal also has a 25% rebate on .223 and AE pistol ammo up to $4,000. If I were you I would take my $2,500, buy cheap and stack deep now because the market will eventually correct itself.

There

Buying Ammo At Wholesale Prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Ah I forgot to say I was looking for factory new.
    Uh, it was.

https://www.freedommunitions.com/9mm...gr-rn-new.html

$4,845 for 25,000, 124 gr.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-26-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Ammo is normally ordered a year in advance at the wholesale level. Right now we are seeing online sellers selling at or in some cases below cost because they "over ordered" in anticipation of a hildabeast victory and corresponding panic.

You can find premium brass case 9mm for about $180 per 1,000 right now. If you are ok with Blazer aluminum PSA has Blazer aluminum 9mm 115 grain for $7.99 / 50 with free shipping on 20 or more boxes. That is $159 / 1,000 shipped.

Federal also has a 25% rebate on .223 and AE pistol ammo up to $4,000. If I were you I would take my $2,500, buy cheap and stack deep now because the market will eventually correct itself.

There
    Wait, I thought the limit was $50 per household? Where are you seeing the "up to $4k" deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Uh, it was.

Just sayin'.
    Right.

I forget that they load new rounds too, I always associate them with reloads. I have heard enough negative things about them that I haven't tried them. Not sure if that's the right call, but...
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Uh, it was.

Just sayin'.
    Those are plated bullets. When they are good they are just OK. When they are bad they are horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Yes, but not to be a party pooper (or a douche bag), he also said he had $2.5k to spend. $2.5k is no where close to a pallet. In 2010 (via Todd's connections) I bought 52,000 rounds of 9mm directly from ATK for a little over $8k delivered and that wasn't anywhere close to a pallet either.

$2.5k and/or ~20k rounds sounds like a lot, and to your average shooter it is, but that's not really a "bulk order" and not enough to get a deal from a manufacturer or distributor. Add a zero to those numbers and things might change, but even then you're still looking at the better part of a year to take delivery.

ETA: here's a shitty image from Google of my 52k:
    Attachment 18444

Good to know. Surprised at the amount of dollars and time needed to actually get a pallet. How many cases consist of a pallet anyway?

So sounds like I'm just better off getting ammo from Target Sports.

Site Supporter
    Wait, I thought the limit was $50 per household? Where are you seeing the "up to $4k" deal?

Right.

I forget that they load new rounds too, I always associate them with reloads. I have heard enough negative things about them that I haven't tried them. Not sure if that's the right call, but...
    Sorry up to 4,000 rounds of .223 up to $200

$50 per household limit is is only on the AE handgun ammo.

Good to know. Surprised at the amount of dollars and time needed to actually get a pallet. How many cases consist of a pallet anyway?

If you mentioned what Target Sports charges, I miised it, but buying multiple case quanitites from SGAmmo or some other suppliers may get you shipping discounts. Just buying cases, a few or many from SG or similar suppliers may still save you money.

About 10 years ago, one place I used to buy ammo had a deal, if you bought over 200 pounds of ammo, shipping was free, but I think the increased cost of shipping today probably nixed that type of deal. Still, sort of fun ordering 10k or more rounds at a time of each type.

Site Supporter

If you order $2,500 in ammo from target sports or SG I would call them regarding actual shipping costs. On 20k rounds it may be cheaper to ship a small pallet via freight rather than UPS.

When ordering ammo for work, anything more than 5k or so always came via truck / freight line.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-26-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I bought 52,000 rounds of 9mm

Attachment 18444
    You are my internet hero for today.

Target Sports has free shipping if you order in cases. Out of curiosity I added 10 of the 1k cases (Fed AE 124gr) and estimated shipping. Subtotal with estimate says shipping is free.
    Last edited by Jay585; 07-26-2017 at 09:20 PM.

User Tag List