Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying Ammo At Wholesale Prices?

Buying Ammo At Wholesale Prices?

Is it possible for a consumer to buy a large enough quantity of ammo to qualify for wholesale pricing? If so, from where? What quantity of cartridges or dollars?

For those who have done this, did you have any regrets? How did you get it off the truck, did you need a forklift?

I alone can afford $2.5k of ammo, and I'd ask around locally if anyone wants to go in on the order. I'm looking for 9mm, ideally Federal 124 gr, but so long as it is quality, brass cased 124gr FMJ ammo, I'm not particular on brand.

And no - I don't reload (space and time constraints) but I would save as much brass as I can for the day when I DO start reloading. Down the road I would make additional purchases (as funds allow) of 223/5.56 and 308/7.62 so whatever business I go to, I would be a repeat customer (but perhaps on a yearly basis rather than monthly).
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Catch a good sale online and youre buying at wholesale prices. Catch a great sale online and you're likely purchasing at less than wholesale. You wont get much of a price break on ammo from a distributor until you start doing lots of business with them which includes writing some very large checks. I've had an 01/06 FFL for a long time and still purchase my ammo retail, when it's on sale.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andre3k; 07-26-2017 at 06:14 PM.

I routinely buy 9mm from Target Sports, and sometimes SGAmmo, at lower prices than a friend who owns a local range and buys at wholesale from large distributors.

I've looked into it and gotten similar results as everybody who posted before me.

Also, I reload, but at .20 a round, I just buy 9mm rather than fool around with reloading, but save my brass anyway, because you never know. I have buckets and buckets.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Looks like Freedom Munitions sells in quantities of 25,000:

That's still $9.21 / 50 for bottom tier fodder.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Is it possible for a consumer to buy a large enough quantity of ammo to qualify for wholesale pricing? If so, from where? What quantity of cartridges or dollars?

For those who have done this, did you have any regrets? How did you get it off the truck, did you need a forklift?

I alone can afford $2.5k of ammo, and I'd ask around locally if anyone wants to go in on the order. I'm looking for 9mm, ideally Federal 124 gr, but so long as it is quality, brass cased 124gr FMJ ammo, I'm not particular on brand.

And no - I don't reload (space and time constraints) but I would save as much brass as I can for the day when I DO start reloading. Down the road I would make additional purchases (as funds allow) of 223/5.56 and 308/7.62 so whatever business I go to, I would be a repeat customer (but perhaps on a yearly basis rather than monthly).

I recall ToddG mentioning buying ammo for his endurance tests in bulk, directly from the manufacturer. Bulk as in a pallet of ammo. I seem to recall it being $8k or $10 worth of ammo inorder to make the minimum order.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    That's still $9.21 / 50 for bottom tier fodder.
    Yeah, I wouldn't buy it either, but OP did ask where you could buy a palette. I admit, I've never looked to see whether say sgammo dot com offered bulk. I'll go look.

I also won't buy Federal wms199 115 FMJ from WalMart at 9.99 a box, either. I had 4 FTFs in my recent 2 day class with that stuff (out of about 6xx rounds).

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Looks like Freedom Munitions sells in quantities of 25,000:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...be4292f464.jpg
    Ah I forgot to say I was looking for factory new.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Site Supporter
    My shooting buddies are looking at buying a pallet of 9mm (I do not have total number of rounds with me) from a commercial reloaded. With shipping I think it works out to $155 per 1000 for 115FMJ reloaded into assorted brass cases. So, I buy from SGA and Target Sports (or reload).

User Tag List