Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

I see the "remove the SA notch" a lot here. Don't know why though. If I want a bobbed hammer (and I often do) I bob it and then checker the top of it. I keep the SA notch for that longer range or precise shot, more precise than I can get with DA only. Maybe I'm just not a good enough shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    I see the "remove the SA notch" a lot here. Don't know why though. If I want a bobbed hammer (and I often do) I bob it and then checker the top of it. I keep the SA notch...
    Partly liability concerns, some cargo culting, a few policy requirements (eg. NYPD), and mostly people with too much time on their hands. I leave my single-action notches because I am too lazy to pull the hammer and grind on something which I can simply ignore. A friend leaves the notches for the same reason you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    I see the "remove the SA notch" a lot here. Don't know why though. If I want a bobbed hammer (and I often do) I bob it and then checker the top of it. I keep the SA notch for that longer range or precise shot, more precise than I can get with DA only. Maybe I'm just not a good enough shot?
    I believe with the SA notch removed and some polishing by a competent gunsmith (as part of an action job), you can get a slightly better double action pull. More importantly for me, is if given/loaned to a family member or friend, it eliminates the potential for someone to "ease back" the hammer with the trigger, catch it, and then try to cock it to fire single action and wind up incurring a negligent discharge or similar scenario.

There are also some rules in certain competitive circles that single action pull must be over a certain weight. With a nice double action pull, you may wind up exceeding this restriction.

Ok, thanks gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Name:  20221010_084023.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  28.7 KB
    Zulu Bravo?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

LET'S GO BRANDON!

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Zulu Bravo?
    Yes. You asked me about back when I first got it, and it's been over a year now. So I actually have some experience with it.

The holster is pretty great, honestly. A J frame is a small package, but it disappears with the ZB. The DCC clip is easy on/off too. The kydex has done a number on my J, but that's kind of to be expected. I was kind of bitter because his wait time was so much longer than what he told me, and was kind of let down when I finally received it "all that waiting... for this?" cause after it all it's just a holster. But it is a solid holster that has worked for me in T shirt and shorts, or when mowing lawns and not wanting to carry a giant gun. It's been an uneventful gun shaped bucket that hides the J. And I guess that's the goal right?

Sitting here healing from hernia surgery. Dry fire and some reading.
    Name:  PXL_20230113_161244596.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  55.7 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Sitting here healing from hernia surgery. Dry fire and some reading.
    Name:  PXL_20230113_161244596.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  55.7 KB
    Speedy recovery wishes
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List