Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Curly maple Ahrends, sans finger grooves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice looking grips. I would love to find a set to put onto my 317 snub. I was looking for the lightest grips possible and ended up with a modified set of Houge Bantams.

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    Very nice looking grips. I would love to find a set to put onto my 317 snub. I was looking for the lightest grips possible and ended up with a modified set of Houge Bantams.
    Old school Barami hip grips might be the lightest if you don’t mind how small they are without a T-grip added.

Santa brought me some CT grips.Name:  IMG_20210105_161546.jpg
Views: 1568
Size:  45.1 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

After its first trip to the range. Also sporting the grips my wife bought me for Christmas

Name:  48D24ABB-EBE4-4118-BFEF-1B929AA26A4A.jpeg
Views: 1451
Size:  45.8 KB

I noticed when I took the pic that both the holsters are stamped "TK" for Tony Kanaly. Each craftsman puts their mark on the holster they build. Kanaly worked for Milt Sparks for many years, eventually buying the shop from him when Milt retired. Now in the same tradition, a couple of the guys who worked for the shop for 20-25+ years bought the shop a few years ago. I am glad I have a few pieces of history with his mark on them.

Ran the Wizard today cold. Threw a shot way right at 3 yards trying to get a sub second draw (ended up being 1.14). Everything else went well all times were under 2.2. Only shot 15 rounds of 38 Special today seeing as it is currently unobtainium.

Name:  88ACD393-7858-48C4-9803-000FD46C76D6.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  48.1 KB

Site Supporter
    I got tired of the clear coating on my 642 flaking off, so I removed it and polished the finish. I sanded and finished the grips with linseed oil and waxed them. Call it a 642 Make Over.

Name:  Revamped 642.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  85.3 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

What did you use to remove the clear coat? I first noticed that shit wearing on my Shorty Forty Five and hated it.

Cat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

I noticed when I took the pic that both the holsters are stamped "TK" for Tony Kanaly. Each craftsman puts their mark on the holster they build. Kanaly worked for Milt Sparks for many years, eventually buying the shop from him when Milt retired. Now in the same tradition, a couple of the guys who worked for the shop for 20-25+ years bought the shop a few years ago. I am glad I have a few pieces of history with his mark on them.

Every time I see the GhettoGrip(tm) on that 442, I am tempted to emulate it on my beat old 642.

User Tag List