Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    How does the Big Dot fit into the stock rear notch. Did you do the install?
    Here is my 638.
    I did a thread about doing the install on my 637, will try to remember to link it for ya whe. I am in front of a computer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Here is my 638.
    I did a thread about doing the install on my 637, will try to remember to link it for ya whe. I am in front of a computer.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ighlight=frame

Gave me the final push to do the install myself on my J's instead of sending them out for milling.

Brownells currently has the big dot for sale $10 cheaper than a look at the usual sites and first page of google.
    https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...398-77137.aspx
    Last edited by jeep45238; 01-02-2020 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I wear one with the loader aiwb rather than clipped to the outside of the belt.
    This is the kinda little nugget I am rewarded with for all the time I spend browsing P-F

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ighlight=frame
    Gave me the final push to do the install myself on my J's instead of sending them out for milling.
    Thanks for linking that, glad I could enable.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 01-02-2020 at 08:04 AM.

Site Supporter
    BTW, if anyone is interested in doing the Big Dot thing on their J-frame, I have an unused one I'll sell for $45 shipped. I bought it this Summer after reading mmc45414's thread on the installation, but then acquired an LCR and found it gave me the same benefit, so I never got around to installing the new sight on my j-frame.

PM me if interested.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Here is my 638.

NPV
    I did the install myself as shown in mmc45414's post. Also the sight picture is as his photo. The sight installation isn't that hard and is a vast improvement over the factory sight.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    This is the kinda little nugget I am rewarded with for all the time I spend browsing P-F

Thanks for linking that, glad I could enable.
    Wear a t shirt between the loader and your skin for comfort. I put it just to the left of the AIWB holstered revolver.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Thank you very much for the link. Debating whether I have the courage or not to go at it myself or pay my smith $50 to do the install.

Debating whether I have the courage or not to go at it myself or pay my smith $50 to do the install.
    If you have a local guy that will do that for $50 and you don't have to pay any shipping that is a good deal.
    OTOH, you could face your fears and take on a fun project.

The hardest part is the first file stroke, it really would be hard to screw it up (maybe gluing the sight on crooked, maybe). I am tempted to buy a 442 (about the only one I do not have...) just to do another one, sorta like putting together the second propane grill is really easy.

Site Supporter
    Thank you very much for the link. Debating whether I have the courage or not to go at it myself or pay my smith $50 to do the install.
    It's not that hard and the instructions that come with the sight are pretty clear. Grab a beer and your courage and go at it. Save the second beer for when you finish.....

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    It's not that hard and the instructions that come with the sight are pretty clear. Grab a beer and your courage and go at it. Save the second beer for when you finish.....
    I will admit some beer was involved before the first file strokes and no beer was involved for the last file strokes.
    I did it in several sessions, the first one I removed enough to be "committed" to the process.
    Name:  CTTP.JPG
Views: 865
Size:  35.4 KB

User Tag List