Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

I don't mind +P's (RA38B) in the 642-1 but I don't shoot scads of 'em. The level of sensitivity from one hand to the next seems to be extremely variable and doesn't appear to be particularly dependent upon size or thickness of the hand from the reports I read here.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Or maybe just hold a lit old school M-80 longer than recommended.
    Accurate statement.

Trooper buddy of mine carried a 340 as his backup gun. I fired exactly 2 magnum rounds through it... then handed it back with 3 left in the cylinder. Wwwwaaaayyyyy too much of a good thing. Magnums in an LCR are doable for me, but in the 340, no f-ing way.
    Last edited by jandbj; 11-29-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I love the 340, but you’ll care a lot less about the capability to shoot .357 after you launch one for the first time, which you can simulate by having someone smack you in the hand with a sledgehammer.
    I would say it's more like getting whacked across the palm by a piece or rebar. I shoot .44 magnum and rifle caliber pistols, so I'm not what you would call recoil sensitive. The only pistol that came close to the fun level of a 340 with magnums was a .375 JDJ Contender.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

The oddball 360J with a few mods.

Name:  P1002413.jpg
Views: 1030
Size:  100.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Eli's post made me think of this old set up I used to run on my 640 when it rode in an ankle rig as a bug to my 686. I believe I heard Claude Werner mention it to; Barami Hip Grip + Tyler T + Hogue Handall (or bike inner tube)...no pics of that old 640, wish to hell I still had it.

Attachment 42893
    A buddy of mine bought a 336 Marlin after someone gave him a rear sight for one. I've always wanted to one-up him on that, then I saw this image and remembered that I have a whole bicycle inner tube in my garage.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    A buddy of mine bought a 336 Marlin after someone gave him a rear sight for one. I've always wanted to one-up him on that, then I saw this image and remembered that I have a whole bicycle inner tube in my garage.

Okie John
    A buddy gave me a couple boxes of .44 Magnum ammo, which I was going to pass on to a friend. By the time I met up with friend #2, he'd sold his .44 Mag.

I keep looking at those boxes of .44 Mag ammo on my shooting gear shelf and thinking "There's only one real solution to this problem..."
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I bought a BHP once, just because I had an empty holster.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Sooooo... those multiple old boxes of CCI/Speer 200 gr GDHP Blazer, and several boxes of silvertip laying around eventually ran to the ultimate conclusion of buying one of those flattop .44 special Blackhawks, so I totally get it.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post

Okie John
    Did your buddy find a 336 that was missing a rear sight? If not, he'd have a 336, and an extra 336 rear sight, and it seems like the whole thing could start over again...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List