Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Back when I owned a decent camera (at the time).

Now it wears a pair of the older hard plastic boot profile CTC laser grips

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Back when I owned a decent camera (at the time).

Now it wears a pair of the older hard plastic boot profile CTC laser grips
    You get bonus points for a sweet looking 442 and the KJV. Gideon slays the Midianites. Nice!

"Thy word is truth." Jn 17:17b
    Last edited by Irelander; 07-27-2017 at 07:30 AM.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    You get bonus points for a sweet looking 442 and the KJV. Gideon slays the Midianites. Nice!

"Thy word is truth." Jn 17:17b
    It's a beautiful old Masonite bible that I bought used from a bookmongerer on my college campus for $5. Great purchase. I'm not even very religious but I am glad to own it.

I need to get a couple 642's and a 340. Currently getting by with an LCR and an SP101 which is light years ahead of that POS Taurus 605 I used to have. Bought that before I knew better and when it broke I was able to fix it myself then sold it (with full disclosure) and that same day bought the SP101 and never looked back.

My 642 PowerPort is a real favorite.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

My 642, carried almost everyday since 2007:

Name:  DSCN0024.jpg
Views: 2355
Size:  68.4 KB

I have a deep love for Bodyguards.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

My love for J frames goes back to the late 1990's. This pic is about a year old as I now carry two reloads with what you see in the pic.

Name:  IMG_0118.jpg
Views: 2426
Size:  53.5 KB

Those irons are tough to see on the old school J Frames compared to some of the new style ones.

Definitely do better with the CT grips, and the ability to adjust POA/POI helps precise placement as well.

Not a big deal at 7 yards, but at 10 yards it gets noticeable

Man, I just noted that my gun is looking kind of rough compared to some of the fine irons on here.

I felt like an Imperial Storm Trooper the winter Jack Safari where I switched out my Model 15, for the Nickle plated 442 for a while, trying to bag a few Jacks. Finally a couple suicidal ones tried to "be the bush" and held still long enough for me to roll the DA trigger and let them eat a wadcutter in the noggin.

User Tag List