Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Back in ‘08 @ my first Hack class I recall during lunch he stated there shouldn’t be a J on the planet w/ out CT dots.

Have had LG-405’s on my 442 & 642 since that time but would like to hear what SME’s here like DB, Wayne or others currently think.
    That's a non starter for lefties. Then again, Hack never really was much of a revolver guy, so using the sights on J frames would be tough on a 1911 acolyte.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Obviously not an SME,the sights and the gun always blocked my view of the laser dot so I took my CT's off.
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

I’m even less of an SME than Pipes, but my sense is that the j-frame path is long since trodden. Number one thing positively affecting hit potential (IMO) is the availability of cheap reloads for practice. Number two is putting something visable on the front sight, or even better, a new sight. The J is what it is. If it’s the right tool, it’s the best tool. If it’s not the right tool, I hope we all have something more efficient on hand when we need it. Not sure my commentary adds anything here. At least I threw a cool 36-1 pic into the collective thread pot.

I have Laser grips on one J frame. It is usually carried in my left side. My right index finger blocks the laser when it is properly in register along the frame. I find them distracting from the front sight as well. I figure the one instance I may need it would be with a support hand shot in a bad position, so the gun I carry on he support side has it. Otherwise, I have taken them off most stuff I had them for.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

No fancy grips as of yet. I’m sensing a theme starting to develop. Name:  6CBC100C-62C6-474C-9FDA-A56F2003768A.jpg
Views: 1373
Size:  88.4 KB
    Last edited by Wheeler; 11-29-2017 at 05:31 PM.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

My '67 vintage Model 37, bought used. It was my backup gun when I worked patrol. Converted to DAO, serrations removed from trigger and hammer spur slightly rounded. Grips are Uncle Mike's rubber copy of Spegel boot grips. Holster is a Bianchi and predates my acquisition of the Model 37. Holster is likely '79 or '80 vintage, still perfectly serviceable.

Name:  IMG_9808.jpg
Views: 1315
Size:  72.7 KB
    Last edited by LtDave; 12-04-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

A 342Ti that is my current pocket gun. Spegel centennial boot grips. Carried in an Aholster Kydex rig:

Name:  IMG_9815.jpg
Views: 1469
Size:  71.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_9818.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  67.1 KB
    Last edited by LtDave; 12-04-2017 at 02:34 PM.

S&W 640 Pro that I shot at the recent Revolver Roundup in Dallas. Fitted with Spegel centennial boot grips. OWB holster is by FIST.

Name:  IMG_9819.jpg
Views: 1450
Size:  61.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_9821.jpg
Views: 1429
Size:  64.1 KB
    Last edited by LtDave; 12-04-2017 at 02:39 PM.

SCHWEET stuff there Lt Dave.Enjoyed meeting and learning with you............................CYA Mike AKA RETRO
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    S&W 640 Pro that I shot at the recent Revolver Roundup in Dallas. Fitted with Spegel centennial boot grips. OWB holster is by FIST.
    Somebody needs to do an AAR on the Revolver Roundup. I’ve been looking forward to hearing about it.

User Tag List