Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

True. Those Altamonts are pretty inexpensive for nice wood grips. The .38 LCR is about an ounce lighter I think than the 442/642 but Smith makes the 340PD which is something like ~11.5 ounces and they used to make the 342 which was 10.5 or so.

Yes, $75 per ounce
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1648
Size:  21.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2312.jpg
Views: 2090
Size:  85.3 KB
    43c got some new old grips. I think they were originally I frame grips? Took a fair bit of modification to fit to the J frame. They were $5 from the random parts box at a great old gun shop. Some patient fitting, finding and shortening a grip screw, and 4 coats of Tru-Oil have them looking and feeling great!
    Last edited by jandbj; 11-23-2017 at 10:46 PM.

That is a nice conversion on this. They look classy.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    That is a nice conversion on this. They look classy.
    High praise coming from you sir! I am humbled.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    43c got some new old grips.
    This reminded me I have been meaning to drop a photo into here of my dad's M-60. P-F folks are probably tired of my incessant whining about all of the cool guns I did not inherit from my dad because he got really into cameras for about the last decade of his too short life (only made it to 62 ), but he did hang onto this cool Model 60, that I recently got these neat grips from Altamonte for:
    Name:  M-60 NoDash.jpg
Views: 1577
Size:  48.0 KB
    I remember he saved and traded for it when they were new and unobtainium and it was a prized possession. Since it is marked simply "Mod 60", it is my understanding this is what would be considered a "No Dash"?
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-25-2017 at 09:15 AM.

All of my J-frames sport Crimson Trace LG-405 grips. Pricey, but they’re a game changer for the little J.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Site Supporter
    Just got end of October from Brownells. On sale plus a $50 off coupon. Price is even better now if you take Brownell's 10% discount plus S&W's rebate. Apex trigger plus, dry fire, and a 1000 rounds of Precision One 148 grain copper plate wadcutter have smoothed out the action. It's a keeper.

Name:  IMG_1589.jpg
Views: 1448
Size:  85.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    All of my J-frames sport Crimson Trace LG-405 grips. Pricey, but they’re a game changer for the little J.
    Back in ‘08 @ my first Hack class I recall during lunch he stated there shouldn’t be a J on the planet w/ out CT dots.

Have had LG-405’s on my 442 & 642 since that time but would like to hear what SME’s here like DB, Wayne or others currently think.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Back in ‘08 @ my first Hack class I recall during lunch he stated there shouldn’t be a J on the planet w/ out CT dots.

Have had LG-405’s on my 442 & 642 since that time but would like to hear what SME’s here like DB, Wayne or others currently think.
    I think the CT grips are great...when they work. I haven’t found any that’ll stay zeroed. Mine all end up getting shook loose/out of zero.

civiliandefender.com

User Tag List