Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

There's only one revolver that gets any use at all around my house.
    S&W M&P340 with XS Big Dot front sight and DeSantis Clip-Grips installed, stoked with Buffalo Bore standard pressure 158gr soft lead HP's.
    It's my go to gun when it's 10 o'clock at night, I'm in my lounge around shorts and the wife wants me to take out some trash because it'll stink by the morning.
    It's my go to gun when it's 10 o'clock at night, I'm in my lounge around shorts at the hotel and the wife wants me to run out and grab whatever she left in the car.
    It's my go to gun when it's 10 o'clock at night, I'm in my lounge around shorts and the wife wants me to.... you get the idea.
    The light weight combined with the Clip-Grip make carrying it in just about anything super easy, so easy there's no excuse not to grab it.

Attachment 21622
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    S&W M&P340 with XS Big Dot front sight and DeSantis Clip-Grips installed, stoked with Buffalo Bore standard pressure 158gr soft lead HP's.
    It's my go to gun when it's 10 o'clock at night, I'm in my lounge around shorts and the wife wants me to take out some trash because it'll stink by the morning.
    It's my go to gun when it's 10 o'clock at night, I'm in my lounge around shorts at the hotel and the wife wants me to run out and grab whatever she left in the car.
    It's my go to gun when it's 10 o'clock at night, I'm in my lounge around shorts and the wife wants me to.... you get the idea.
    The light weight combined with the Clip-Grip make carrying it in just about anything super easy, so easy there's no excuse not to grab it.

Attachment 21622
    There is a reason I have four. They get used daily as back ups and shorts around the house guns. They are an insurance policy for if I am wrong about “not needing a gun”.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 11-14-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    There is a reason I have four. They get used daily as back ups and shorts around the house guns. They are an insurance policy for if I am wrong about “not needing a gun”.
    I use a Kahr PM9 in my pocket instead of the J-frame anytime I can get away with it (which is pretty much anytime my shorts aren't held up by elastic).
    These days I just don't have the time to shoot as much as I need to and my revolver skills have suffered the most by far.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Attachment 21622
    Do those BB 158gr rounds hit high for you? If so about how much? My M&P 340's seem to be regulated for 130-135gr stuff. I'd love to run something like that but not at the detriment to having a POI shift and having to think about holdovers/unders. Last I shot something in that weight range there was a ridiculous impact difference between the two.
    Last edited by Mike C; 11-14-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Do those BB 158gr rounds hit high for you? If so about how much? My M&P 340's seem to be regulated for 130-135gr stuff. I'd love to run something like that but not at the detriment to having a POI shift and having to think about holdovers/unders. Last I shot something in that weight range there was a ridiculous impact difference between the two.
    They hit within the Big Dot (if I correctly place the Dot in the U) out to 10Y.
    If I miss my sight picture and end up with the Dot floating above the U everything goes 6+" high at 10Y.
    COM A-Zone out to 10Y is about all the performance I can consistently squeeze out of a J-frame these days.

They hit within the Big Dot (if I correctly place the Dot in the U) out to 10Y.
    If I miss my sight picture and end up with the Dot floating above the U everything goes 6+" high at 10Y.
    COM A-Zone out to 10Y is about all the performance I can consistently squeeze out of a J-frame these days.
    Thanks Jody, I'll have to give these a try.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post

I was just dry firing an M&P 340 this morning. Love that gun! I'm catching up on some things - maybe by spring?

There's only one revolver that gets any use at all around my house...

Attachment 21622

That’s just a great overall last-ditch setup.

You’ve reminded me that I have a set of those clip-grip stocks around here somewhere... I wonder where they went. I should dig them out for the 642 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    That’s just a great overall last-ditch setup.

You’ve reminded me that I have a set of those clip-grip stocks around here somewhere... I wonder where they went. I should dig them out for the 642 again.
    I need to figure out a way to add a good hook-clip to the Maleficus sheath so I can clip it to board shorts.
    The titanium and carbon fiber construction make it a super light (magnetometer proof, metal detector resistant) clinch pick.

Site Supporter
    I need to figure out a way to add a good hook-clip to the Maleficus sheath so I can clip it to board shorts.
    The titanium and carbon fiber construction make it a super light (magnetometer proof, metal detector resistant) clinch pick.
    Tom at DSG does a good sheath with the clip. It's oriented vertically but I'm sure that could be changed if so desired.

User Tag List