Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Celebrating our 20th anniversary together this year, she got a Ti cylinder installed about 10 years ago...traveled many miles together. If you ever wondered what is under that nice baked on clear coat layer it is just ugly gray aluminum....

Attachment 19509
    Favorite one so far. Its not quite a battle worn glock but I dig it.��

Celebrating our 20th anniversary together this year, she got a Ti cylinder installed about 10 years ago...traveled many miles together. If you ever wondered what is under that nice baked on clear coat layer it is just ugly gray aluminum....

Attachment 19509
    Poor safe queen!
    That's is awesome. I recognize the summers that gun has survived. A constant companion. I bet if it ever starts telling stories you will drop it on a lake.

Site Supporter

Attachment 19509
    And I thought mine had peeled a bit. Good grief!

Name:  17760093_1302036726541733_8820008162002354425_n.jpg
Views: 1498
Size:  33.6 KBHere two of my J-Frames S&W 638-3 &442-2 .38 SPL+P Airweight, I pocket carry mostly.

Site Supporter

Thread was inspirational- I hate you all.

Just snagged a 442 no dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post

Thread was inspirational- I hate you all.

Just snagged a 442 no dash.

Those electroless nickel 442's were nice. One of my best friends smooozed me out of mine about 20 years ago.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Those electroless nickel 442's were nice. One of my best friends smooozed me out of mine about 20 years ago.
    I’m digging it - need to snag some strips and a good aiwb, touch up the sights with paint to make them more visible, and that’ll probably be it. Side plate hasn’t even been popped off judging by the screws, and I don’t even know if it makes sense to put in an Apex kit.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I’m digging it - need to snag some strips and a good aiwb, touch up the sights with paint to make them more visible, and that’ll probably be it. Side plate hasn’t even been popped off judging by the screws, and I don’t even know if it makes sense to put in an Apex kit.

I never messed with my J-Frames much. I usually spend a few minutes working the rebound slide surfaces, the frames studs and the cylinder yoke .... that usually results in enough smoothness to do any magic I'm likely to do with a J-Frame. If that's not something you're familiar doing, just dry-fire the piss out of it.

That EN finish is surprisingly durable if you give it just a modicum of care, too.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Site Supporter
    I might touch up the rebound, but that’s about it. I’ve never had an EN finish, even after reading about then for years. I’m pretty happy to get this for a horse-traded P226 (.40) and $150 going my way.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooln View Post
    My pair of M&P 340's. And the holsters that actually get used, situation dependant.

May I ask you what ammo you carry on a daily basis? I've been salivating over M&P 340's for years and someday will own one.

User Tag List