Site Supporter

SW 442 wearing VZ smooth grips
    Darkstar Gear Apollo
    Safariland comp1 in a CD2 worn aiwb
    6 round Speedstrip loaded with 4

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Attachment 46598

My J Frame 642 with the lock removed and plug installed. XS Big Dot Tritium Front Sight. VZ Operator II Grips. ICON Holster. Comp 1 Speedloaders and a Tuff Products Speed Strip. Streamlight Pro Tac and Clinch Pick.
    Loaded with Black Hills 148gr. Wadcutters with Winchester 110gr. +P HP for reloads. Primarily used as my constant BUG to my 1911.

MDFA, finally I see a J-frame with the same VZ grips I bought. How long have they been on that particular gun?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    MDFA, finally I see a J-frame with the same VZ grips I bought. How long have they been on that particular gun?
    About a month. I really like how the grooves guide my hand onto the grip during the draw and then grab when you grip down hard on them. Yet they don't snag on fabric. I have the same one's on 2 of my 1911's.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    About a month. I really like how the grooves guide my hand onto the grip during the draw and then grab when you grip down hard on them. Yet they don't snag on fabric. I have the same one's on 2 of my 1911's.

I just placed an order for the Icon. I absolutely love the DCC clips - have them on two other holsters. Thanks for the tip.

I just placed an order for the Icon. I absolutely love the DCC clips - have them on two other holsters. Thanks for the tip.
    I've been using one for a few months and it's a nice little holster. It shares duty with a DSG j frame holster depending on the clothing and / or environment.

Have a Tenicor arriving today with DCC clips to try out for my Glocks.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've been using one for a few months and it's a nice little holster. It shares duty with a DSG j frame holster depending on the clothing and / or environment.

Have a Tenicor arriving today with DCC clips to try out for my Glocks.

Don't know about you, blues, but sometimes this here retirement gig is pretty sweet. Although I still work part time, I really dig sitting at home and buying stuff. Then, taking that stuff to the range. Now, if only there was an unlimited source of funds. I realize I'm giving you some material here for your usual quips. Hey! I could be "Ed McMahon" to your "Johnny Carson!"

Don't know about you, blues, but sometimes this here retirement gig is pretty sweet. Although I still work part time, I really dig sitting at home and buying stuff. Then, taking that stuff to the range. Now, if only there was an unlimited source of funds. I realize I'm giving you some material here for your usual quips. Hey! I could be "Ed McMahon" to your "Johnny Carson!"
    You are correct, sir!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Not my EDC.

The vast majority of the time, I'm carrying a full-size 9mm (92 of some sort), but every once in a while I'm lazy and it's a J clipped AIWB and a J in the hoodie pocket.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    The vast majority of the time, I'm carrying a full-size 9mm (92 of some sort), but every once in a while I'm lazy and it's a J clipped AIWB and a J in the hoodie pocket.

Please be patient with me, I'm a snubbie newbie. First, great looking firearms! What grips on the snubbie on the left?

Please be patient with me, I'm a snubbie newbie. First, great looking firearms! What grips on the snubbie on the left?
    I'm not the person you asked but I know the guy he got them from. The grips are Taurus boot grips that have had the medallion removed and the grip stippeled.

User Tag List