Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

Curly maple Ahrends, sans finger grooves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Curly maple Ahrends, sans finger grooves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GORGEOUS
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

642 big medicine on armadillos

Name:  FCE2F7AE-EC5A-4331-9F14-884626AF39DD.jpg
Views: 1255
Size:  60.5 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Very interesting. Do you mind sharing what ammo you used, and your shot placement? I have never shot an armadillo with a .38 Special.

Comparing four layer denim versus armadillo hide - on this week's episode of SeriousStudent's Redneck Science!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Very interesting. Do you mind sharing what ammo you used, and your shot placement? I have never shot an armadillo with a .38 Special.

Comparing four layer denim versus armadillo hide - on this week's episode of SeriousStudent's Redneck Science!
    Ha! Well, I was 30ft up a tree in my Summit Viper in the dark at the end of a deer hunt and as I was packing up to climb down I heard this massive ruckus at the base of the tree. Not wanting to climb down to certain death by a bear or something, I shined my light down to see the armored leprosy bearer. Fearing for my life (or at least my nose and appendages) I drew my trusty 642 and put a 130gr +P Winchester Bonded right through his heart and lungs (moving head was a bit small target). He froze initially, then went into the death rolls and ended up in that hole. And that, as they say, was that.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Ha! Well, I was 30ft up a tree in my Summit Viper in the dark at the end of a deer hunt and as I was packing up to climb down I heard this massive ruckus at the base of the tree. Not wanting to climb down to certain death by a bear or something, I shined my light down to see the armored leprosy bearer. Fearing for my life (or at least my nose and appendages) I drew my trusty 642 and put a 130gr +P Winchester Bonded right through his heart and lungs (moving head was a bit small target). He froze initially, then went into the death rolls and ended up in that hole. And that, as they say, was that.
    I am thankful you were not mauled. Im surprised the lowly snub was up to the task. It is a good thing you were carrying +p to penetrate armor. Ive seen the death roll a few times. I didnt know if it died from the shot or exhaustion.

Thanks, ASH556, that is interesting. I do have a goodish amount of that exact round stashed away, they had a ridiculous deal at GT Distributors a while back. Glad to hear it did well.

We had a fair amount of armadillo's on our place when I was a kid, and we were always careful to wear gloves when handling the carcasses.

I just Googled, "asparagus wrapped in bacon" - thank you.
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

User Tag List