Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
Results 541 to 546 of 546

Thread: J-frame picture thread

  1. #541

    Up the juice

    Situations like this I offer twice or three times the juice..try it, you may get the squeeze.

  2. #542
    Site Supporter Jay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Why not?
    Mr. Williams said the amount of work that goes into doing right isnít worth the money he makes off it. He charged me $122 thatís including return shipping. Thatís a great deal I canít imagine he made much profit off that transaction.

    He did an excellent job. It shoots top of the blade POA-POI. The picture below is 2 cylinders at 7 yards. The 2 low hits were operator error.
    Name:  CA14122C-B5C8-4695-B142-F9E95E05C18F.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  43.6 KB
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.

  3. #543
    Trivial Matter Expert Sidheshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    PacNW
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    The picture below is 2 cylinders at 7 yards. The 2 low hits were operator error.
    What is that circle, between 3 and 4 inches? Iím not sure that getting 2 cylinders from a J into that circle at 7 exactly qualifies as error. I mean, sure, try to do better next time if you want, but your error is better than joe/jane mainstream American shooterís good days. Just calling it like I see it. [/endthreaddrift]
    "The evidence is all around usóthe paroxysms of inchoate, infantile rage suffered by those who have turned fallible politicians into saviors and devils, godlike avatars of Good versus Evil."
    -Camille Paglia

  4. #544
    Site Supporter Jay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    What is that circle, between 3 and 4 inches? Iím not sure that getting 2 cylinders from a J into that circle at 7 exactly qualifies as error. I mean, sure, try to do better next time if you want, but your error is better than joe/jane mainstream American shooterís good days. Just calling it like I see it. [/endthreaddrift]
    Itís a 4Ē circle. For slow shooting (which is what that was) I consider that ok. Now if I could do that at speed, I would definitely be happy.
    Last edited by Jay23; 11-10-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.

  5. #545
    Miss Manners
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    In the desert, looking for water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Mr. Williams said the amount of work that goes into doing right isnít worth the money he makes off it. He charged me $122 thatís including return shipping. Thatís a great deal I canít imagine he made much profit off that transaction.

    He did an excellent job. It shoots top of the blade POA-POI. The picture below is 2 cylinders at 7 yards. The 2 low hits were operator error.
    Name:  CA14122C-B5C8-4695-B142-F9E95E05C18F.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  43.6 KB
    So, for Mr Williams, the juice wasnít worth the squeeze, but was it worth it to you to have done? I mean, I noticed that you posted that gun for trade ...
    Last edited by Duelist; 11-10-2019 at 05:54 PM.

  6. #546
    Site Supporter Jay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    So, for Mr Williams, the juice wasnít worth the squeeze, but was it worth it to you to have done? I mean, I noticed that you posted that gun for trade ...
    Definitely worth it. Iím into the gun for maybe $550 with the sight, stocks, and spring kit. I put it up for trade just to put some feelers out. Iíve always wanted and 357 and if I can get a 340 in trade Iíd be willing to do that but not for anything less. Other than the 45 my dad gave me I really donít get emotionally attached to guns.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •