Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I'm not the person you asked but I know the guy he got them from. The grips are Taurus boot grips that have had the medallion removed and the grip stippeled.

Yup. I put Taurus grips on all of my J-Frames. I pop the medallions out, put the grips on the gun, THEN stipple them. Stippling after they are on the gun sorta "forge welds" the seam of the grips together. I've bought a few sets off of eBay, and a couple sets from the classified section here.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I'm not the person you asked but I know the guy he got them from. The grips are Taurus boot grips that have had the medallion removed and the grip stippeled.
    This SHOULD teach me not to "type" on my phone! But it probably won't.

Site Supporter
    Thought I'd be able to get along with my 638's boot grips but I actually hate them. What I really need is something to cover the backstrap. Gonna try a few different options, but more immediately, the LGS had hogues and a clipdraw.

Until the Brownells packages arrive this is my lounge around/lo profile gun that I'll occasionally jam into the pocket of my winter coat.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=45dotACP;978687]Thought I'd be able to get along with my 638's boot grips but I actually hate them. What I really need is something to cover the backstrap.

Check out the VZ Operator II's. I have them on my M&P 340 and they do offer some back strap coverage, exactly what I was looking for.

Shot some wadcutters for the first time today (I know right), what a treat. I can understand why these are preferred they even hit POA.

Name:  B1178B19-9630-4291-B704-0F5A5E878D91.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  59.6 KB
    Last edited by NPV; 01-11-2020 at 06:35 PM.

@NPV do those grips cover the backstrap?

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    @NPV do those grips cover the backstrap?
    No, they have the same profile as the factory rubber grips with the exposed backstrap.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Thought I'd be able to get along with my 638's boot grips but I actually hate them. What I really need is something to cover the backstrap. Gonna try a few different options, but more immediately, the LGS had hogues and a clipdraw.

Until the Brownells packages arrive this is my lounge around/lo profile gun that I'll occasionally jam into the pocket of my winter coat.

The VZ Operator II grips do NOT cover the backstrap. The VZ Wraparound Operator II DO Cover the Backstrap. If you want backstrap coverage order the Wraparound style.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Thanks MDFA. The real issue is trigger reach. If I take a two handed grip, my trigger finger can't fully stroke the DA trigger because it hangs up on my thumbs. The covered backstrap sets my thumbs further back.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Thanks MDFA. The real issue is trigger reach. If I take a two handed grip, my trigger finger can't fully stroke the DA trigger because it hangs up on my thumbs. The covered backstrap sets my thumbs further back.

This is the VZ Wraparound grip set with the 320 texture:
    Name:  P1120420.jpg
Views: 1111
Size:  102.5 KB

Covers the back strap but also adds some length. A little shorter than the OEM combat grip.
    Name:  P1120419.jpg
Views: 1153
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  P1120413.jpg
Views: 1224
Size:  102.0 KB

User Tag List