Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

Mod-ification

Name:  C9984835-E4F0-47BD-9BDB-BE9C9A5398F6.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  56.5 KB
    Made a couple changes to my DSG J-Frame holster. Higher riding and pulls into the body more.

Site Supporter
    Name:  J_Frames.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  93.1 KB

Mod 940-1, Mod 642-1.

Mod 36, Mod 36

@Jay23 ...I think I need to do that exact thing to my DSG for my LCR. Where'd you buy the pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    @Jay23 ...I think I need to do that exact thing to my DSG for my LCR. Where'd you buy the pieces?
    What issue are you having with the LCR? Adding a wing to a snubby holster may have some negative affects as it increases the ability of the belt to force the gun into the body as it rotates the grip in. A Tuckstrut would be the preferred method to give a little boost in concealment should there be some printing. Foam may be a better intermediate step too.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    On Amazon. I tried contacting JMCK but was told they don’t sell just the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What issue are you having with the LCR? Adding a wing to a snubby holster may have some negative affects as it increases the ability of the belt to force the gun into the body as it rotates the grip in. A Tuckstrut would be the preferred method to give a little boost in concealment should there be some printing. Foam may be a better intermediate step too.
    I’ve actually got a 1/4” foam pad and the wing with 1 DCC clip and it worked wonders. I was wearing a white Hanes undershirt around the house the other day concealment was 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Meet me over in the LCR Thread.

Gives a bit better purchase and also takes some of the "Taurusness" out of them. I like it.

Finally Got The Big Dot Glued On The 637

A while back I got on a kick to get another J-frame for reasons. I think J-frames are changed significantly by adding a bit more grip, so having an extra one so my 638 could keep its boot grips made sense, at least to my twisted brain. And I thought it might be neat to have a companion to the M60-NoDash that was my dad's, about the only cool gun he didn't sell late in life when he went all-in on camera gear. And I snagged a 637 on sale when they had a rebate so I think I paid only $275 before the transfer.

Part of the plan was to try and put on the XS Big Dot that "requires" milling. A friend helped me do my 638 and when we were done it seemed like it woulda been easier to just file the thing, so that is what I did on the 637. Somewhere along the way I sold something to somebody and had some frivolous cash and I took the plunge on a 360PD, and that sorta stalled my progress on the 637. But now it is done and I think it turned out well and is pretty neat:
    Name:  637 BigDot Altamont Apex.JPG
Views: 996
Size:  76.0 KB
    It has the sight, Apex kit and Altamont grips. If I photograph the right side you can't see the lock...

Here are some views of the sight:
    Name:  637 Big Dot.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  40.6 KB
    The view on the left shows the basics of the filing, at this stage I was probably 85% done. It took longer than I expected but was a fun project. I tried the "matting" with a file and hammer but couldn't get it to look the way I wanted so I went back to stippling like I did on the 638.

Anyway, I feel like I have "owed" this thread some pictures, and here you go
    Last edited by mmc45414; 02-15-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    A while back I got on a kick to get another J-frame for reasons. I think J-frames are changed significantly by adding a bit more grip, so having an extra one so my 638 could keep its boot grips made sense, at least to my twisted brain. And I thought it might be neat to have a companion to the M60-NoDash that was my dad's, about the only cool gun he didn't sell late in life when he went all-in on camera gear. And I snagged a 637 on sale when they had a rebate so I think I paid only $275 before the transfer.

Part of the plan was to try and put on the XS Big Dot that "requires" milling. A friend helped me do my 638 and when we were done it seemed like it woulda been easier to just file the thing, so that is what I did on the 637. Somewhere along the way I sold something to somebody and had some frivolous cash and I took the plunge on a 360PD, and that sorta stalled my progress on the 637. But now it is done and I think it turned out well and is pretty neat:
    Name:  637 BigDot Altamont Apex.JPG
Views: 996
Size:  76.0 KB
    It has the sight, Apex kit and Altamont grips. If I photograph the right side you can't see the lock...

Here are some views of the sight:
    Name:  637 Big Dot.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  40.6 KB
    The view on the left shows the basics of the filing, at this stage I was probably 85% done. It took longer than I expected but was a fun project. I tried the "matting" with a file and hammer but couldn't get it to look the way I wanted so I went back to stippling like I did on the 638.

Anyway, I feel like I have "owed" this thread some pictures, and here you go
    Nice work on that FS mmc45, wish mike Pipe's & I were that skilled BUT we know our limitations.

I say that as years ago we took 4 j-frames to Jim Clark Jr. (RIP mi amigo) for the same treatment & we're still using/carrying those to this day.

User Tag List