Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2015
Size:  34.5 KBAt the beach on Lake Erie. Beach community here is perfect for j-frame lifestyle.
    Last edited by Irelander; 08-22-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

My OG snubby from 2002 or 2003.

http://instagram.com/p/BYI2IGmDYwl/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I think I've found the perfect J-Frame grip for me. Uncle Mikes 59007 with the bottom ground off to make it a "boot" grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I think I've found the perfect J-Frame grip for me. Uncle Mikes 59007 with the bottom ground off to make it a "boot" grip.

That's pretty cool. Do you get a covered backstrap with that setup? How'd you do the cutting?

Hizzie, could we please have more info on that front sight? In your last picture it shows the dot up out of the notch. Is that your sight picture or do you line up the tops of the sights? Is the sight a little wider than the original? I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    That's pretty cool. Do you get a covered backstrap with that setup?
    You do.
    Which for me was my main ire with J grips. Either you can have a short enough grip with a bare backstrap, or a covered backstrap with a grip that's too long...no happy medium. The only other grips that I've found that offer what I want were the Laser Grips from Crimson Trace. I couldn't care less about the laser, so I'd basically be paying $200 for a set of rubber grips...no bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    How'd you do the cutting?
    Stuck them in the freezer for a couple hours to harden them a bit, cut them off with a fine toothed hand-saw. Re-froze and shaped/smoothed everything out with a dremel. I then stippled the front and backstrap in a kind of "tree-bark" pattern.

You do.
    Which for me was my main ire with J grips. Either you can have a short enough grip with a bare backstrap, or a covered backstrap with a grip that's too long...no happy medium. The only other grips that I've found that offer what I want were the Laser Grips from Crimson Trace. I couldn't care less about the laser, so I'd basically be paying $200 for a set of rubber grips...no bueno.

Stuck them in the freezer for a couple hours to harden them a bit, cut them off with a fine toothed hand-saw. Re-froze and shaped/smoothed everything out with a dremel. I then stippled the front and backstrap in a kind of "tree-bark" pattern.
    Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Kind of Old School today. Brauer Bros. D32 with Model 36 no dash and Pachmayr grip adapter.
    Name:  Brauer D32 crop.jpg
Views: 1835
Size:  34.7 KB
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

You do.

I really like the Uncle Mike boot grip that has been discontinued. I think I have a set of these somewhere in a box. I may give this a try. Thank you for the idea and explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Hizzie, could we please have more info on that front sight? In your last picture it shows the dot up out of the notch. Is that your sight picture or do you line up the tops of the sights? Is the sight a little wider than the original? I like it.
    The tritium dot lines up in the notch. It's about the same width as the original but doesn't taper.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List