Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    when has logic ever carried the day around this lot?
    I probably quit being logical about guns in about 1973...

Site Supporter

New 640 Pro

Got this the other day. Shined up outside and inside. Installed Wolff 8Lb hammer and 14LB rebound springs. Cylinder and Slide Extended Firing Pin. Set of VZ Operator II grips. At 10 yards, drive the dot for 158 and 148 grain. 6” holdover for 135, 130, and 110 grain (All .38). 357, 135 grain, needed a 2” holdover. Next, will try Federal 158 +P (38G). Shot the HiTS Snub Super Test X2. Once you figure out the gun it will shoot straight.

Name:  3D39830D-4C3F-44FF-ACF2-FD5A79EBEAE0.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  102.0 KB

Name:  BD1BEC87-F645-41B7-9961-4A7576F41A4D.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  26.0 KB
    Last edited by Hideeho; 07-28-2019 at 02:24 PM.

J-frame picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This thread is dangerous...

I'm selling my neighbor my 686+ since it never seems to get carried or shot anymore...another J may be irresistible...

The M&P 340 is (currently) topmost on the list of maybes, but that could change.
    I had an M&P 340 and sold it. It was a stupid move, I really miss that gun and I will have another. If you’re only going to have one J Frame I think that’s the way to go.

Since you already have a 642 (I think?) though, maybe go all out and get the 340 PD for the lightest possible pocket gun?

Edit...I have a 340 PD without the lock. Both 340s are available that way, just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mitch; 07-28-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I had an M&P 340 and sold it. It was a stupid move, I really miss that gun and I will have another. If you’re only going to have one J Frame I think that’s the way to go.

Since you already have a 642 (I think?) though, maybe go all out and get the 340 PD for the lightest possible pocket gun?

Edit...I have a 340 PD without the lock. Both 340s are available that way, just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the enabling...just when I had a few minutes without pondering the issue...

The PD is not really in the picture though I'm sure I wouldn't turn one down if someone decided to gift me one.

(I had a fairly serious injury to the heel of my strong hand a couple years back and while recoil with the 642 and +P hasn't bothered me, I'm not going to look to push the envelope further. I'm grateful that I had little lasting damage beyond scarring.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideeho View Post
    Got this the other day. Shined up outside and inside.
    Nice work on the polish. What did you use & how long did it take? I may do that to mine when time permits.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Nice work on the polish. What did you use & how long did it take? I may do that to mine when time permits.
    Simichrome polish applied with surgical cotton swabs. T-shirt rags for first buff. 2” X 2” Ultra Polish Pad (Amazon) For second buff, Rag Company Mini-Miner Professional Metal Polish Towel for finish. Plus a lot of Tequila to pass the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideeho View Post
    Simichrome polish applied with surgical cotton swabs. T-shirt rags for first buff. 2” X 2” Ultra Polish Pad (Amazon) For second buff, Rag Company Mini-Miner Professional Metal Polish Towel for finish. Plus a lot of Tequila to pass the time.
    Excellent recipe. Thank you.

442 Performance Center

This came in today after seeing it mentioned here from CDNN. Need to figure out what I want to do for new grips.

Name:  IMG_20190730_201339.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  56.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by descent View Post
    This came in today after seeing it mentioned here from CDNN. Need to figure out what I want to do for new grips.

Name:  IMG_20190730_201339.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  56.9 KB
    There are a lot of great options. My personal favorites are the uncle mike boot grips. They have been discontinued but still pop up,for sale from time to time. I have a performance center 642 and it wears the uncle mikes.
    Last edited by camsdaddy; 07-30-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Name:  Screenshot_20190731-180452_Gallery.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  18.1 KB

Posted this 49 when I first got it. Figured I'd share again now that I have it more integrated into my carry options. I also just got the Tyler T grip adapter in after a few months of waiting. In the gun I'm running federal gold medal match wadcutters with the last round being a more stout fmj. Running fmj in the speed strip due to ease of loading with speed in mind. Both projectiles hitting POA. PHLster city special AIWB with a surfire EDCL2-T in the left pocket with the speed strip. Not pictured is a SOFTT-W run out of left back pocket. When the weather cools down I'm usually running a Ryker ankle IFAK.

edit: i also apparently suck at posting pictures. it dosnt like to cooperate with my full rez pics so if i take a screenshot it will post but then you end up with this abomination of an image... you get the idea tho.
    Last edited by snow white; 07-31-2019 at 05:21 PM.

User Tag List