Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

Up the juice

Situations like this I offer twice or three times the juice..try it, you may get the squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Why not?
    Mr. Williams said the amount of work that goes into doing right isn’t worth the money he makes off it. He charged me $122 that’s including return shipping. That’s a great deal I can’t imagine he made much profit off that transaction.

He did an excellent job. It shoots top of the blade POA-POI. The picture below is 2 cylinders at 7 yards. The 2 low hits were operator error.
    Name:  CA14122C-B5C8-4695-B142-F9E95E05C18F.jpg
Views: 1060
Size:  43.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    The picture below is 2 cylinders at 7 yards. The 2 low hits were operator error.
    What is that circle, between 3 and 4 inches? I’m not sure that getting 2 cylinders from a J into that circle at 7 exactly qualifies as error. I mean, sure, try to do better next time if you want, but your error is better than joe/jane mainstream American shooter’s good days. Just calling it like I see it. [/endthreaddrift]
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    What is that circle, between 3 and 4 inches? I’m not sure that getting 2 cylinders from a J into that circle at 7 exactly qualifies as error. I mean, sure, try to do better next time if you want, but your error is better than joe/jane mainstream American shooter’s good days. Just calling it like I see it. [/endthreaddrift]
    It’s a 4” circle. For slow shooting (which is what that was) I consider that ok. Now if I could do that at speed, I would definitely be happy.
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 11-10-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Site Supporter
    Mr. Williams said the amount of work that goes into doing right isn’t worth the money he makes off it. He charged me $122 that’s including return shipping. That’s a great deal I can’t imagine he made much profit off that transaction.

He did an excellent job. It shoots top of the blade POA-POI. The picture below is 2 cylinders at 7 yards. The 2 low hits were operator error.
    Name:  CA14122C-B5C8-4695-B142-F9E95E05C18F.jpg
Views: 1060
Size:  43.6 KB
    So, for Mr Williams, the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze, but was it worth it to you to have done? I mean, I noticed that you posted that gun for trade ...
    Last edited by Duelist; 11-10-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    So, for Mr Williams, the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze, but was it worth it to you to have done? I mean, I noticed that you posted that gun for trade ...
    Definitely worth it. I’m into the gun for maybe $550 with the sight, stocks, and spring kit. I put it up for trade just to put some feelers out. I’ve always wanted and 357 and if I can get a 340 in trade I’d be willing to do that but not for anything less. Other than the 45 my dad gave me I really don’t get emotionally attached to guns.

“Load out” for picking up takeout.

Name:  D3A1C00D-4314-4987-AA1E-BA9CDA98DE74.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  55.1 KB

Definitely worth it. I’m into the gun for maybe $550 with the sight, stocks, and spring kit. I put it up for trade just to put some feelers out. I’ve always wanted and 357 and if I can get a 340 in trade I’d be willing to do that but not for anything less. Other than the 45 my dad gave me I really don’t get emotionally attached to guns.
    I love the 340, but you’ll care a lot less about the capability to shoot .357 after you launch one for the first time, which you can simulate by having someone smack you in the hand with a sledgehammer.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I love the 340, but you’ll care a lot less about the capability to shoot .357 after you launch one for the first time, which you can simulate by having someone smack you in the hand with a sledgehammer.
    Or maybe just hold a lit old school M-80 longer than recommended.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I have a 60-9 LS .357. I have fired exactly 5 110gr Win JHPs, while the gun was wearing some rosewood boot grips. I don’t intend to do so again, just wanted to know. It wasn’t as obnoxious as I thought it might be, not even really painful, but shot-to-shot time was ridiculous, thought the gun is all steel. I can only imagine what a scandium revolver would be like with magnums, because I’m never going to do it.

User Tag List