Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Luminous paint & optical fibers

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Keep in mind that VDM is talking about the TCAPS, not the regular CAPS which are wider.

I like the TCAPS.
    https://ameriglo.com/collections/glo...glock-cap-sets

That's Ameriglo's CAP sight page - you will see .140 and .120 (really .123ish) front sight posts.

On Amazon they are listed as .125 with the front sight being a "lumi-square"
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I was thinking about this a bit and we have a lume-specific company here as a supporting business....

so whenever @Amun gets this, he can come here and tell us what lume paint to use on our front sights, maybe even sell some.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Luminous paint that has to be charged in order to be useful is pretty useless, IMO.

I have a watch that has it instead of tritium. Completely useless, considering the paint is likely not charged when I go to check my watch and I end up having to use a light source to view it anyway (or look at my phone). The usefulness doesn't get any better with a gun that you're pulling out to defend yourself....
    Get a Seiko. They know what they're doing with lume.

I've been saying for years they need to make a fiber with tritium under it. Hell, even an LED like a t-1. Non-replaceable 5 year battery. I'm down if they can make them .125 or smaller.

I've filled sights with pure superluminova mix. I wasn't that impressed with the performance. 3H sight perform better in this type of application. Just adding lume on top of the sight doesn't convince me.
    Email me for fastest reply. No PM please.

Lum-Tec | Facebook | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Amun View Post
    I've filled sights with pure superluminova mix. I wasn't that impressed with the performance. 3H sight perform better in this type of application. Just adding lume on top of the sight doesn't convince me.
    pix or lies?
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    pix or lies?
    I do not have pics because the sights went into an acetone dip the next day....then again, I'm a civilian. we lie of course...except that one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Amun View Post
    I do not have pics because the sights went into an acetone dip the next day....then again, I'm a civilian. we lie of course...except that one time.

See, filthy citizen....know your role...
    VDMSR.com

See, filthy citizen....know your role...
    I know it well, sahib...

...they have almost all the things I like/want out of a set of sights.

I am still trying to find the right luminous paint to put on the front sight for it work the same way the TCAPs do.
    So is the luminous paint the ONLY thing a set of painted Defoors are missing or is there something else as well?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    So is the luminous paint the ONLY thing a set of painted Defoors are missing or is there something else as well?
    There are two versions of Defoor sights. The all black version and the tritium dot at the bottom version.

Both versions come without paint.

I add paint and it works as a contrast in lighted conditions.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List