Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excuse me while I whip this out!

Excuse me while I whip this out!

I've wanted a Glock Cavalry Model for a while and I had the chance to acquire one from the latest run. This will be a range toy and novelty. I plan to install a set of Dawson adjustable sights. Depending on how it feels after a few sessions I may also add some Talon grips, install a standard connector, and exchange the extended slide lock for a standard lock. I'll be interested to see how the accuracy compares to some of my other target pistols in my amateur hands.

This completes my Glock 9mm "collection" in that I now have at least one example of a Glock 17, 17L, 19, 26, 34, and 43.

If you'd like one for yourself Buds still has them available (no affiliation).

Name:  17L.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  65.3 KB

Nice! Of the ones you currently have, which do you shoot best with?

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Nice! Of the ones you currently have, which do you shoot best with?
    Thanks! I shoot the 19 the "best" but it's really not a fair comparison because it is by far the one I shoot/dry fire the most.

The Free state of New Hampshire (Southeast)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post

I've wanted a Glock Cavalry Model for a while and I had the chance to acquire one from the latest run. This will be a range toy and novelty. I plan to install a set of Dawson adjustable sights. Depending on how it feels after a few sessions I may also add some Talon grips, install a standard connector, and exchange the extended slide lock for a standard lock. I'll be interested to see how the accuracy compares to some of my other target pistols in my amateur hands.

This completes my Glock 9mm "collection" in that I now have at least one example of a Glock 17, 17L, 19, 26, 34, and 43.

If you'd like one for yourself Buds still has them available (no affiliation).

Name:  17L.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  65.3 KB

based on your post subject/title, it would appear you are a Dio fan. Am I right?
    Retired Navy RM/ITC(SW) 1982-2002
    USS Edward McDonnell (FF-1043). USS Pegasus (PHM-1), USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70)
    Colt Mustang XSP FE, Sig P938/238 Equinox, Sig P320 RX Compact

Im thinking you need an 18 to round out your collection

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Name:  48c.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  34.4 KB

17Ls are pretty fun pistols. I had one about ten years ago and I could out-shoot my cousin's Mini-14 at 50 yards standing with it.

That could be interpreted a couple of different ways...

Site Supporter
    Man on Fire!

Last month I went to Mexico City and walked by the filming location of the kidnapping scene.

Will G34 holsters work for the 17L?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Man on Fire!

Last month I went to Mexico City and walked by the filming location of the kidnapping scene.

Will G34 holsters work for the 17L?
    They won't. The 17L is longer and the slide next to the muzzle is square.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post

User Tag List