Thread: Some comments on yesterday 7-23

Site Supporter

Some comments on yesterday 7-23

Nice match in the 90's. I shot OK - came in 2nd in CDP which isn't saying much as there were only 4 of us and I am a slow old fart. 14 points down which was pretty good for the crowd. Should have been 11 except for that one target (it must have ducked).

Shot my SW 1911Sc (Scandium commander). It ran perfectly with a variety of WWB, Blazer Brass, PMC 230 gr FMJ. For grins I shot one mag of Hornady 185 gr Critical Defense. That had noticeably more hand sting than the 230s. They don't bother me at all. Didn't tear my arm off.

What didn't run:

A compact Glock - why ? Reloads and some aftermarket barrel - stopped the gun dead in its tracks. When a Glock doesn't run - those are the culprits I've seen.

A 1911 - Reloads.

Oh, well - I'm sure some people modify their guns and reload correctly.

Site Supporter
    PS - forgot this fun incident. The range entrance has two metal posts that bracket the gateway. As we were leaving, we see that a SUV has hit one of the side posts dead center. One of our LEO shooters/SOs has pulled up in his nice police car and is assisting. The story is that said driver was coming to the range with his family. It is on a 55 mph road which is strictly enforced (ask how I know). He said that someone was close on his tail so he decided to make a high speed turn into the range. Huh - well, he didn't make it. I guess the law will sort it out. The kids looked pretty shaken but as I said our guy was on the scene doing what needed to be done.

Why you just didn't slow down - who knows?

User Tag List