Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best revolver instructors?

Best revolver instructors?

I have a renewed obsession with the first handguns I learned to shoot, and sometimes still carry when a full-size semi-auto isn't practical. So who's the best trainer out there to really learn to run them?

Last edited by voodoo_man; 07-24-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Darryl Bolke
    Wayne Dobbs
    Chuck Haggard
    Claude Werner

Those are the only names I know left in the game. I've personally trained with DB and WD. I hope to train with Chuck someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Trained with Claude. Highly recommended for snubby boys and girls.

IIRC, Michael de Bethencourt and @Tom Givens are also highly regarded revolver guys.

Clint Smith too.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I have received training from all six of the gentlemen mentioned so far, and found them all to be very worthwhile.

I think any of them could definitely help you.

Do John and Vicki Farnam still teach revolver classes? I know they have Defensive Handgun and Advanced Defensive Handgun. I think they would be worth contacting, from the conversations I have had with them at the Rangemaster Conferences. Very kind and gracious folks.

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Looking for people who know how to run a revolver fast & accurate ? Visit a PPC match.

I'm with the Chief...I own a website called, "Revolver Science," and although I'm a revolver fan and consider myself, "revolver capable," I carry striker fired pistols as EDC. Tom's class will show you all you need to know to help you make up your mind that while revolver skills are useful, a modern service pistol is more useful in a crisis for a hundred different reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List