Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOON

Cool SOON

SOON
    A word Tom Jones uses to tease people about his upcoming gadgets so people get all excited. Does not actually mean soon. Tom will tease you with soon so bad that you will cringe at seeing the word in your life. Gadgetaholics have banned and rejected this word, so it is suggested not to use it around them.
    Gadgetaholic: Hey Tom when are you dropping your Gadget for (insert model here)?
    Tom Jones : Eh... Soon
    Gadgetaholic: But how long is soon???
    Tom Jones: Very Soon
    People: BUT WHEN??????
    Tom Jones: VERY VERY Soon

SOON
    A sense of time that never arrives.
    My gadget is coming out soon.
    I will meet you soon.
    I will tweet you soon.

Soon
    When I feel like it.
    I will have more information soon.

SOON
    As defined by Tau Development Group: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between TDG and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, TDG does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as TDG will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

SOON
    A word that TJ uses when he doesnt have a f*cken clue when somethings going to happen.

Thanks to Urban Dictionary for all the help
    Feel free to add your own definitions
    Last edited by UNK; 07-23-2017 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Make it nicer
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Will that name change be implemented anytime soon?
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    In fairness, it's not a word I use to tease anyone. It's a word that Todd used, admittedly years too early, to describe something that had barely even started and that people then (understandably) started using to tease Todd and I.

For the record, I fucking hate it -- which of course means people will use that word against me for the rest of my life. My current stance is if you can't beat them (preferably with a stick), join them.

I'll never (or at least strive to never) announce a product until I know, or actually have a good handle on, when it will be delivered.
    If you need beta testing for the 42/43 size, I'm volunteering. Even if it's not really very soon.

I forgot Soon™

In fairness, "Soon" was back when one healthy guy and one very ill guy were trying to keep their lives on track. The Gadget (excluding the G43 size) has been publicly available for, I think, nearly a year now. If a fellow hasn't bought yet, it's not because they were unavailable.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    In fairness, "Soon" was back when one healthy guy and one very ill guy were trying to keep their lives on track. The Gadget (excluding the G43 size) has been publicly available for, I think, nearly a year now. If a fellow hasn't bought yet, it's not because they were unavailable.
    I was gonna buy one of those but they don't fit. Maybe I am Soon™ Wave II or III or IV...Who knows... I'm sure I'll get mine one day...I am sure it will be Soon™. When you fall into the "you people" category you never really know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Has this been a successful strategy with other manufacturers?
    Apple?

Eyy, when's that gadget for the 42/43 coming out??

Name:  f65.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  33.8 KB

Name:  No spoon.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  40.0 KB
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List