Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of Mallet: Mallet vs PPQ

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This makes me sad.
    I very much agree with this sentiment.

I can see where this is headed. By fall, we will all be shooting P30 LEM pistols.
    I know you are saying that- slightly tongue and cheek, but is a pistol with a hammer that much safer? I somewhat understand the basics between hammer vs. striker, but am genuinely interested in learning more (and the reasons why). I actually found an old striker design thread that I believe you started which is helping. The more and more I read on PF- it seems that hammer fired pistols are the best option if you are carrying full time.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    I know you are saying that- slightly tongue and cheek, but is a pistol with a hammer that much safer? I somewhat understand the basics between hammer vs. striker, but am genuinely interested in learning more (and the reasons why). I actually found an old striker design thread that I believe you started which is helping. The more and more I read on PF- it seems that hammer fired pistols are the best option if you are carrying full time.
    I would like to learn this as well. I honestly don't know if a hammer fired gun is necessarily any more immune from drop forces, especially in SA mode. The Berettas I have inspected seem dang near impossible to discharge without a trigger pull when decocked.

I think the HK LEM is probably the mechanically safest pistol out there.

Plenty of people carrying Glocks full time. I carry one full time in everything from dust to rain, airplanes to bulldozers.

Will this trigger (pun intended) a Glock striker and give you a dead trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I would like to learn this as well. I honestly don't know if a hammer fired gun is necessarily any more immune from drop forces, especially in SA mode. The Berettas I have inspected seem dang near impossible to discharge without a trigger pull when decocked.
    Probably like most- I continue to look for the best option to carry. I really like how the VP9 and SK versions work for me. However- there could be options just as good out there- I am getting an inheritance later this year and will spend part of it on new pistol(s) so am trying to do my research now. The test you are doing is important to me as I figure out what I want to carry. I tried to re-create on the VP's, but could not- so my worries aren't with my pistols. But- I also wouldn't mind having the option of AIWB in the future- which is putting me down the path of a hammer fired gun- P30SK, P229, or PX4CC are my top three options. Or put a gadget on a glock or maybe wait for a gadget something like........a P320.
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but your tests are forcing me to reconsider striker fired guns. The mass marketing on SF makes it harder for new shooters to decide which gun is best for them- when I started to shoot/learn more- I found out that hammer fired guns are a great option, maybe even better.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Site Supporter
    I can see where this is headed. By fall, we will all be shooting P30 LEM pistols.
    #MakePistolForumGreatAgain

What about the M&P? The striker is almost (or is) at max tension, but it uses a shepherds hook to cam the sear when the trigger is pressed to release the striker. I am curious about this since on numerous platforms, you can get the striker to release. Any details?

Seeing this sorta stuff kinda makes me glad I invested in the Glock platform (i have previously owned a PPQ, P320, etc) but I still have a smidgen of M&P (4.25 9MM 2.0, and a 9MM shield) and would like to know if it passes the mallet/drop test.
    Last edited by coN; 07-23-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Glock's anticipated reply to this thread:

"Tolja so!"

Glock. Gadget. Alles Gut.
    Last edited by blues; 07-23-2017 at 08:59 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Walk toward the light...https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tta-M9-Project
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List