Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of Mallet: Mallet vs PPQ

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Here's the post citing the discharges in a holster.
    Glock 19M...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t

I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention. Multiple cases of p320s going off in holsters is terrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I went back and found it myself, but you beat me. Your link doesn't seem to work outside of Tapatalk, takes me to the first page of the thread, so here it is for non-mobile device users...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post626756

As far as whether it was confirmed, one would have to ask Trooper directly, but it seems pretty concrete based on his post. Just to be clear, he referenced two AD's; one pistol spontaneously discharged while holstered and sitting in a cruiser, the other was dropped.
    Last edited by StraitR; 07-23-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    There is a common misconception, perpetuated by pretty much everyone, that the Glock striker being less-than-fully tensioned is a safety feature and it lacks the energy to set off a primer. This is not true (maybe it's true for some primers but certainly not for all of them). It's just a manifestation of the overall (and in my opinion, exceedingly clever) design.
    I, for one, think it's clever to own firearms which feature mechanisms considered clever by clever people. Safety via redundancy.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I, for one, think it's clever to own firearms which feature mechanisms considered clever by clever people. Safety via redundancy.
    I thought I knew all there was to know about Glocks ten years ago. Turns out, I'm still learning, and they're turning out to be a better choice than anticipated.

If I was clever, or maybe just literate, I would have said "artifact of the overall design" instead of manifestation. Words are hard.
    So am I eating my words and jumping on the PX4 CC train for a trial.. or sticking with Glocks and hoping for the best?

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I thought I knew all there was to know about Glocks ten years ago. Turns out, I'm still learning, and they're turning out to be a better choice than anticipated.
    Can you please expand on that?

If I was clever, or maybe just literate, I would have said "artifact of the overall design" instead of manifestation. Words are hard.
    Now you're just using artifice to obfuscate your cleverness. And them artifacts*.

(*are the facts)
    Last edited by blues; 07-23-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    ...The dead trigger is obviously a really bad scenario as well...
    Cycling slide on draw... mebbe them Israelis are on to something... [emoji6]

Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    Cycling slide on draw... mebbe them Israelis are on to something... [emoji6]
    I think that technique was somewhat dictated by the characteristics/limitations of the pistols on hand at the time; my understanding is that they've pretty much transitioned to Glocks (presumably G17), so I doubt if that's still their protocol. But I'm guessing-hopefully someone knowledgeable will chime in.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I can see where this is headed. By fall, we will all be shooting P30 LEM pistols.
    And, many things considered, that's not necessarily a bad place to be...

Best, Jon

Interesting; thanks. It seems I may well be staying with Glocks and hammer guns, for reasons other than just budgetary.

User Tag List