Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Return of Mallet: Mallet vs PPQ

Vending Machine Operator
    That's some quality funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While you comedians carry on like this is GD, I am busy shooting my PPQ/Q5 pistols daily.

This would be funny if it was entitled "VP9," but it hurts more when it is your favorite shooting platform.
    224 rounds through this poor abused pistol today. Runs like a sewing machine. Just don't drop it!

Hammertime
    I compared the P99 to the PPQ tonight and the little lever that allows the striker to drop on impact is also present in the P99, where it functions to decock the striker.

The PPQ does not have a second "DA" hook on the trigger bar, nor the wider striker tab to allow said hook to catch the striker.

You could say dropping the PPQ on its rear is a piss poor way of decocking it.

I am personally finding the P99 a bit more attractive right from a functional standpoint. From a shooting standpoint I shoot the PPQ better.

Should have taken photos but didn't. I can update later if there is interest.

Vending Machine Operator
    What about my PPS M1? Does it use the same striker system?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It does not. The PPS uses a partially tensioned striker design.
    Niiiiceeee

It does not. The PPS uses a partially tensioned striker design.
    Although apparently there are one or more reports of a PPS allegedly firing when dropped.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yes, I was just saying it's not the same as the PPQ.

Just trying to keep straight on the possibilities for failure. Seems like partially tensioned is less likely to drop the striker and end up with a dead trigger, but just as dependent as the fully tensioned designs on the firing pin safety?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I compared the P99 to the PPQ tonight and the little lever that allows the striker to drop on impact is also present in the P99, where it functions to decock the striker.

The PPQ does not have a second "DA" hook on the trigger bar, nor the wider striker tab to allow said hook to catch the striker.

You could say dropping the PPQ on its rear is a piss poor way of decocking it.

I am personally finding the P99 a bit more attractive right from a functional standpoint. From a shooting standpoint I shoot the PPQ better.

Should have taken photos but didn't. I can update later if there is interest.
    Please do post pics, Little Bunny Foo Foo.
    Picking up the field guns, boppin' 'em on the slide

Hammertime
    I grabbed and marked a couple photos. The system on the P99 is pretty interesting as it has completely separate striker catches for the DA and SA components. The PPQ is simpler and eliminates the DA striker catch and the extra width on the striker nobby or whatever it is called.

PPQ is 1400 into 2k challenge.

The decocker pushes through the slide to actuate the lever I demonstrated in the first video and decock the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just tested a bunch of my firearms with thoughtful use of the mallet, and this what I found:

1) NIB Glock 17, and the rear sight moved right in dovetail, and now it shoots straight.

2) S&W N frame, and the adjustable rear sight fell off and factory lock moved to the "locked" position.

3) VP9, and it appeared to look more susceptable to sand and mud.

4) Beretta PX4 Compact, and Ernest Langdon got a thrill up his leg, and 86 more people posted in that thread.

4) M&P9, and the barrel seemed to seat better, similar to what is it, the fifth or sixth fix to accuracy by Apex.

5) the CZ P10-C and it became even more sexy.

6) the Beretta 1301, all the shotshells fell out, and that Adam guy promised a fix next week.

7) my Benelli M2, and oddly just my shoulder hurt.

8) my Wilson single stack 9mm, actually I was afraid to hit it hard, because it cost so much.

9) my PPQ, but I just called it good without checking the striker, as I like it so much.

10) my USP, and not a damn thing happened, other than it looked more like something SeanM would carry.
    Should have used an older N frame. Last time I hit something with the Hebrew Hammer it left teeth marks in the trigger guard. I guess that dude was not named Mallet, so it was an unfair test. With the 1926 3 Rd Models and 38/44's....the mallet breaks. I now have a reason to start carrying this....Mallet proof for the real aficionados.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List