Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Striker Control Device "Gadget" Thoughts...

Site Supporter
    Has the Glock organization commented on the Gadget? Do police departments permit its use?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Has the Glock organization commented on the Gadget? Do police departments permit its use?
    Few departments allow modifications.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Maybe talk to SIG and see if they can rush one out for you.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer81 View Post
    In my VERY humble opinion, the size, weight and capacity of the Glock 26 with the 12-round mag make it pretty close to the perfect concealed carry gun if one routinely has to wear business attire, including a tucked in shirt. The Gadget opened up the world of Glock, and now I have a few of them, all with the Gadget.
    My opinion is also pretty humble, but that's my favorite set up as well. Going further, I had a conversation with SME Craig Douglas at his ECQC class a couple of weeks ago about the G26 with 12-rounders, and he likes the combo too, so you and I can be humble, but also in agreement with someone who definitely knows which way is up. I still think the 26 is the best Glock. Maybe not by much, with some other great options in the lineup, but it's my primary "tool" gun at this point.

The gadget just allows me to access and use that tool with a relatively high degree of comfort, for which I am grateful to Tom and Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Maybe talk to SIG and see if they can rush one out for you.
    LoL... just don't drop ship one...

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    *rimshot*
    Last edited by Guerrero; 08-09-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    My opinion is also pretty humble, but that's my favorite set up as well. Going further, I had a conversation with SME Craig Douglas at his ECQC class a couple of weeks ago about the G26 with 12-rounders, and he likes the combo too, so you and I can be humble, but also in agreement with someone who definitely knows which way is up. I still think the 26 is the best Glock. Maybe not by much, with some other great options in the lineup, but it's my primary "tool" gun at this point.

The gadget just allows me to access and use that tool with a relatively high degree of comfort, for which I am grateful to Tom and Todd.

You and Craig are not alone in that assessment. It's been and continues to be my primary go-to gun for concealed carry, especially with the 12 round magazine, since I first bought one in 1995 or 6.

I'm experimenting with carrying my G19 more often around local environs and in states that do not restrict magazine capacity, saving the G26 more often for restricted states like NY and others with similar encumbrances. (Though the anticipated purchase of a second G26 in the near term will put an end to my concerns about being left without one if it should go down.)

Needless to say, all of my Glocks wear the gadget.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    You all are killing me... lol

But, seriously... We are going to need that G43 Gadget, Tom.

Site Supporter
    I think we'll eventually see some guy recommending placing duck tape across the gadget and calling the tape a safety. Decades ago I heard an old cop commenting on the safety aspect of the minute Baby Browning .25 acp. He said that they're probably alright, and then added that he wouldn't sit down on one. Up to this point I've hesitated to sit down on a hot Glock, but now I can with the gadget installed.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You and Craig are not alone in that assessment. It's been and continues to be my primary go-to gun for concealed carry, especially with the 12 round magazine, since I first bought one in 1995 or 6.

I'm experimenting with carrying my G19 more often around local environs and in states that do not restrict magazine capacity, saving the G26 more often for restricted states like NY and others with similar encumbrances. (Though the anticipated purchase of a second G26 in the near term will put an end to my concerns about being left without one if it should go down.)

Needless to say, all of my Glocks wear the gadget.
    Just stopped in at my local Blue Label Glock shop and while I thought they must've forgotten about my order for a new Gen4 G26 they still had me on the board. So looks like I'll be in line for Gadget #4 pretty soon.

(Unless they take another few months to get one on my behalf.)

Thanks for reminding me to check on it, @Sidheshooter
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List