Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Striker Control Device "Gadget" Thoughts...

Just to pile on, I have four gadgets and they were well worth the cost. Without them I would have gone the DA/SA route for appendix carry and I don't feel like spending $900-$1000 on a $400 gun just to make one adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Just to pile on, I have four gadgets and they were well worth the cost. Without them I would have gone the DA/SA route for appendix carry and I don't feel like spending $900-$1000 on a $400 gun just to make one adequate.
    I think we'll be using gadgets as currency pretty soon.

I wonder if I store them in my safe for a period of time whether the value will compound...or they'll only pay dividends upon use?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Hopefully I'll be able to help expand your horizons relatively Soon™.
    Pretty please, if it is going to be a VP9 "Soon™", please drop a hint or two while Hk is running the 4 free mag promo!

There should be some discounted SCDs with slight cosmetic blemishes going up on website in the next few days.
    Nice, whats the best method to get notified when they post?

I always post about it here (usually from the @taudevgroup account in the Tau Development Group sub-forum) first. So subscribing to that sub-forum (which you can do by clicking on that link) would be a good way to get notified of new threads/news. I try to give the members here heads-up a day or two before I announce it elsewhere (like Facebook or Instagram).

You can also subscribe to the "mailing list" at the bottom of any page on the Tau Development Group website -- although I haven't starting using that mailing list for anything yet.
    Perfect thanks!

Now that Robar has resurrected the ASP concept using a S&W Shield, I'd be happy buy your Shield so you can buy more Gadgets and I've got a pistol I can send to Freddy.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think we'll be using gadgets as currency pretty soon.

I wonder if I store them in my safe for a period of time whether the value will compound...or they'll only pay dividends upon use?
    Just ordered my second. LOL

I just heard about this - ingenious! Hopefully a G43 version is in the works.

Tom, you have a fertile mind - your 1301 accessory made mine viable.

The Gadget is pure genius. As someone who first held a pistol 18 months ago at age 53 (and who has since accumulated a decent collection), what steered me initially towards DA/SA was the fear of something in the holster catching the trigger while reholstering. In my VERY humble opinion, the size, weight and capacity of the Glock 26 with the 12-round mag make it pretty close to the perfect concealed carry gun if one routinely has to wear business attire, including a tucked in shirt. The Gadget opened up the world of Glock, and now I have a few of them, all with the Gadget. (Plus a few extra Gadgets in a drawer for investment purposes, or in case of future Glock purchases.)

Each time I have taken one of the Glocks to have sights or triggers switched, or someone notices the Gadget at the range, I'm asked "what is that thing?" When I explain and demonstrate, the response is along the lines of "cool, what a great idea."

My sense is there is a huge market for the Gadget. If I didn't already have an all-consuming job, and if I knew anything about sales and marketing, I would look to become a distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer81 View Post
    The Gadget is pure genius. As someone who first held a pistol 18 months ago at age 53 (and who has since accumulated a decent collection), what steered me initially towards DA/SA was the fear of something in the holster catching the trigger while reholstering. In my VERY humble opinion, the size, weight and capacity of the Glock 26 with the 12-round mag make it pretty close to the perfect concealed carry gun if one routinely has to wear business attire, including a tucked in shirt. The Gadget opened up the world of Glock, and now I have a few of them, all with the Gadget. (Plus a few extra Gadgets in a drawer for investment purposes, or in case of future Glock purchases.)

Each time I have taken one of the Glocks to have sights or triggers switched, or someone notices the Gadget at the range, I'm asked "what is that thing?" When I explain and demonstrate, the response is along the lines of "cool, what a great idea."

My sense is there is a huge market for the Gadget. If I didn't already have an all-consuming job, and if I knew anything about sales and marketing, I would look to become a distributor.
    Big reason I went back to glocks as well. Was a big sig da/as fan but when the 320 came out went back to the SF option. Once the gadget was introduced, the size/weight/capacity advantage of the 19 became a clear winner for me with the gadget. Now the 26 makes sense as well.

On another note, had my FFL who is a dealer asked me about the gadget and first question was could he sell them.. said check with Tom at Tau development.

User Tag List