Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Striker Control Device "Gadget" Thoughts...

Just ordered two--one for my wife, one for the Glock I'm most likely buying soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I honestly do not know. I've had to step away from any competitive shooting (and I've never shot USPSA) over that last several years due to mostly uninteresting life complications. I know some people use them at USPSA matches, but I have no idea if it's "officially" approved or the local match directors recognize it offers no competitive advantage and therefore don't care. Sorry I don't have a better answer.
    Got it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    I seriously doubt there is any issue with the Gadget in any competitive shooting sports. It is 100% passive and does not have any effect on performance. Even at that, you can have grip tape or fiber optics on a production gun, a Gadget should be good to go. Gabe White shoots a lot of USPSA and has a Gadget on his Glocks.
    Gabe also shoots Limited in USPSA, and that allows a broad range of modifications that would be prohibited in Production. As I shoot Limited as well, I've never bothered to dig into it, but typically externally visible aftermarket parts are not allowed in Production unless the rulebook explicitly allows them. 21.6 states:

Exchange of minor EXTERNAL components
    Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.
    Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OFM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers.
    Could the Gadget get by as a firing pin retainer?

I've had plenty of ROs ask about the Gadget, especially in GSSF, where I leave it on my Unlimited gun. I ask permission to demonstrate it and everyone I've shown it to thought it was great. Tom should give me some business cards to hand out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Gabe also shoots Limited in USPSA, and that allows a broad range of modifications that would be prohibited in Production. As I shoot Limited as well, I've never bothered to dig into it, but typically externally visible aftermarket parts are not allowed in Production unless the rulebook explicitly allows them. 21.6 states:

Could the Gadget get by as a firing pin retainer?

I've had plenty of ROs ask about the Gadget, especially in GSSF, where I leave it on my Unlimited gun. I ask permission to demonstrate it and everyone I've shown it to thought it was great. Tom should give me some business cards to hand out.
    If they can use a smiley face or Punisher plate, then the Gadget shouldn't trip any rule violations. But I'm just applying logic to the question.

Site Supporter
    Not just get by as, that is exactly what it is -- it's just a firing pin retainer that is split in half for to aft and has a part that pivots into/out of the striker channel.

As the packaging continues to evolve, I plan on making the current package insert into an info card that works both as an insert and as a mini flyer to provide product info. When I do, I'll send you some.
    Interestingly, when I got my new SCD (blem sale) today, there are several little check blocks on the in package card:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  32.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Interestingly, when I got my new SCD (blem sale) today, there are several little check blocks on the in package card:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  32.9 KB
    That packaging makes my thing spring.

Site Supporter
    Planning ahead. Of course, as soon as I have a metric assload of new inserts printed, Glock comes out with a new model with a new slide cover plate geometry.

Also , the red dots in the check boxes = blem. Non-blems get blue.
    Wife wants one for her 42. Daughter is talking about getting a 42, so I'm going to need two of them.

Just ordered two blems to try out.

Got mine yesterday. I've always been an adherent to thumbing hammer guns, and while I liked the idea of the SCD I didn't realize how elegantly simple it was until I got it in hand.

Installed them on our two G19s last night. Seem to work as advertised in unloaded testing.

I do kind of wish they had a little return spring because the flap swung around at the range today. I learned to ignore it but it bothered me for a bit.

User Tag List