Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Striker Control Device "Gadget" Thoughts...

Striker Control Device "Gadget" Thoughts...

Longtime lurker who recently purchased a Tav Development Group Striker Control Device, and now I have a problem...

I love it!

Why is this a problem? Well, I am trying to figure out how to afford equipping 4 other Glocks and getting rid of a shield that I have no interest in carrying now. To be honest, I was struggling with the idea of going down the DA/SA route and getting rid of all my striker fired guns. This device has given my Glocks a stay of execution; thank you Tom Jones.

I also now have a JM Custom holster on order now that I feel comfortable carrying a striker fired gun AIWB. Again, I can't decide yet if lurking has saved or cost me a fortune yet! lol

Sell the Shield to fund the Gadgets.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

One carry gun, one training gun both using the same holster? Only one more gadget needed...
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneGun View Post
    One carry gun, one training gun both using the same holster? Only one more gadget needed...
    Your totally right. That saying "two is one and one is none"... not sure who to credit as the author to that phrase. But, I have some slight idiosyncrasies... For example, I was always taught to be fifteen minutes early, so I try to be a half hour early which ends up getting me there about forty-five minutes early. It drives my wife nuts. Same crazy thought pattern left me with two g17s and two g19s. Lol I went down the path of a G26 then a shield, but after a time I'm finding that the smaller sized guns only really seemed conceal a lot better if carrying 3-4 o'clock. 🤗 Mistakes we have to learn ourselves I guess. Small single stack 9s are so in right now. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Your totally right. That saying "two is one and one is none"... not sure who to credit as the author to that phrase. But, I have some slight idiosyncrasies... For example, I was always taught to be fifteen minutes early, so I try to be a half hour early which ends up getting me there about forty-five minutes early. It drives my wife nuts. Same crazy thought pattern left me with two g17s and two g19s. Lol I went down the path of a G26 then a shield, but after a time I'm finding that the smaller sized guns only really seemed conceal a lot better if carrying 3-4 o'clock. �� Mistakes we have to learn ourselves I guess. Small single stack 9s are so in right now. Lol
    We compulsively early people have nothing to apologize for. We're just considerate is all.

Of course, I only have three Glocks...17, 19 and 26 with the latter two getting the bulk of my carry (AIWB). Love the 26 though.

Oh, and they each wear a "Gadget" of course.

Welcome.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I personally hate the SCD. For me, it has effectively killed all interest for any striker fired gun that isn't a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Hopefully I'll be able to help expand your horizons relatively Soon™.
    The SCD for a Ruger American?!?!

I'm with Olim9, because of this my 320's are sitting in my safe waiting patiently for the gadget while I've gone to carrying my glocks, lol. Really like it and just that other level of safety when holstering is awesome for a SF gun. It's also made me realize what an advantage the glock is with its size and weight relative to the 320. Yeah I know it's only a couple oz's but it's noticeable after a while. Kinda made me rekindle my appreciation for glocks. Just today I had my 26 with the 15 round option and it is exactly the same size for a grip perspective to my 320sc and lighter with more rounds.

Tom you definetly have a winner, than you.

Site Supporter
    G42?! Please!

For the love of Odin, don't make one for the P-10C. The only thing keeping me from spending money I don't have on the 10C is the lack of the Gadget.

Just kidding. Please start on that right after you get the 43 version done.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List