Thread: Don't forget to stop and jump in the puddles

Don't forget to stop and jump in the puddles

...after it rains.

This message brought to you by my neighbor, Ms. Rosalind. Ms. Rosalind is getting older now, in her mid-90s, but she walks every day, and after it storms, she likes to jump in the puddles. As I walked the dog this morning we saw Ms. Rosalind as she crossed the street, she stopped to jump in a puddle. She bounced a few times, splashing, laughing, and smiling. We stopped to say hello and she said to me, "I've loved to jump in puddles, ever since I was a little girl."

I smiled and nodded.

Ms. Rosalind stopped to talk to Ford for a moment and pet him, before heading home.

I smiled, thinking about how I hoped Ms. Rosalind liked jumping in puddles when she was a teenager too. See, Ms. Rosalind isn't originally from the United States, she's from France. And when she was just 12-years old or so, some assholes invaded her country. She spent the bulk of her teenage years, working as a young member of the French Resistance, mostly in intelligence gathering and working as a courier. Late in the war, when she was 15 or so, she spent time holding a gun and helping U.S. forces fight Germans as part of Operation Overlord.

After the war she immigrated to the US, where she continues to jump in puddles after it rains.

Don't forget to stop and jump in the puddles, at least once in awhile.

God Bless Ms. Rosalind. Be sure to give her my thanks- for a myriad of reasons
    Last edited by MistWolf; 07-22-2017 at 05:14 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Vive la France.

Vive la Ms. Rosalind.

For some reason I am seeing Ms Rosalind in a Dove chocolate commercial.

Only instead of kissing a riot cop...

Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List